• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Wounded Defense?

Wounded defense??? I'm not sure i saw any defense...and where in the world was the "no matter what, the Griz always find a way to win?" The only "Griz Heart" I saw was in the stands. Even though it's in "our house", our hands are MORE than full next week...we've been a lot more lucky than good the last 3 games, how many time can we blame injuries at key positions? Are we really that shallow in our depth charts? I don't know how many times you can spell "WAKE UP CALL", but we sure got one today, and the phone seems to still be ringing.

As hurt as we are it's amazing we extended the streak as far as we did. It was cardiac kids for weeks now.

I've said it before. Line your ten best players up and then take 6 away for the season. Where would that leave your team. Would the Eagles be 9-2 then. Well we are 10-1 even with the injuries and we'll probably end up 11-1 because Montana State will not beat us in our house!

The offense was a bit flat considering the normal level of EWU defensive play.

The special teams didn't really give us the edge we normally expect.

The defense flat out got beat. The defensive line was beaten off the line, and the corners...especially in the second half when Peeples wasn't playing got beat routinely.

Even still a few breaks could have gone our way, but I'm hard pressed to find anything other than that fourth quarter fumble that could be considered a break.

But I give credit to EWU...the played hard...they were well prepared...they made few mistakes...and they were not intimidated by the Griz...even when we came back with momentum. They just got back out there and executed some more when it counted. They played pretty well.

ronbo said:
...Line your ten best players up and then take 6 away for the season. Where would that leave your team. Would the Eagles be 9-2 then. Well we are 10-1 even with the injuries and we'll probably end up 11-1 because Montana State will not beat us in our house!

yes if we were playing your schedule and we'd probably have only one loss too.

Last I looked the Southern Conference was rated weaker than the Big Sky. Where do you think the patsies in your league rate? The Southland has the toughest conference followed by the Atlantic 10. We are third and you are fourth. You have a very weak schedule. Who have you played other than a Georgia team that kicked your ass.

when have you played Georgia or for that matter Florida, Miami, Florida State or Auburn? these are the only 1A schools that will schedule us. wish we could play that nationally ranked, powerhouse Idaho: 2 - 8 overall and 1 -3 in the Sun Belt conference. man they kick azz!

ronbo said:
Last I looked the Southern Conference was rated weaker than the Big Sky. Where do you think the patsies in your league rate? The Southland has the toughest conference followed by the Atlantic 10. We are third and you are fourth. You have a very weak schedule. Who have you played other than a Georgia team that kicked your ass.

last time i looked, there 3 teams from the Southern Conference in the top 10. how many are there from the big sky? that's what i thought. oh yeah, we saw how tough those teams from the southland are today...we took jacksonville st behind the wood shed with a 41 - 3 whoopin... and i believe just last week that team beat #3 northwestern st.

also, we beat the #3 and #4 ranked teams at the time we played them this year. what have YOU done? what top 5 ranked teams have you beaten this year?

slingblade...
Your name probably really fits...why don't you post a few more times and tell us about the Stower years?

Grizomatic406 said:
slingblade...
Your name probably really fits...why don't you post a few more times and tell us about the Stower years?

great question, those were the darkest years of my GSU football experience. he was only able to win 1 NC with legendary coach ERK Russell's players :cry: unfortunately he took a pooly coached team up to play ya'll in the playoffs and you kindly kicked the living day lights out of us. however, that's was not the end of GSU football and we soon rose to the top again. as i'm sure your well aware since we're 2 - 0 against the griz post stowers. Since you asked that, are you implying that montana has never had a bad year?

"implying Montana has never had a bad year(s)"...not in the least, and in no way am I saying that, but we seem to have the start of one now. I've never had anything but respect for GSU, specifically their fans. Nice lesson on how to play football you guys put on today.

Grizomatic406 said:
"implying Montana has never had a bad year(s)"...not in the least, and in no way am I saying that, but we seem to have the start of one now. I've never had anything but respect for GSU, specifically their fans. Nice lesson on how to play football you guys put on today.

i may talk some smack and its all in fun but believe me, i've got nothing but respect for Montana and your fans. you set a fine example in supporting your team.

team support is the greatest thing in the world, unfortunately the fans don't win "The Big Dance", that's done on the field, as you guys just might be getting ready to see for the 7th time. Keep up the smack bro', you'll be getting some back as soon as my broken heart gets better, and hopefully some of our key players heal up. Good luck with the rest of your season.

You Griz have had it! Today proved just how weak the Griz really are. Honestly, do you think you can stop the GSU O? Really? I know your real answer so you don't have to admit it.

The Griz are slumping right before the playoffs and GSU hasn't even peaked! Oh, BTW, don't look like GSU will be travlin' out there for the playoffs. :wink: I would watch out for Montana State if I were you. Although it would be NICE to see the Griz come to OUR HOUSE in the playoffs! Talk about getting taken behind the shed! :eek:

The GRIZ have had it?

Come on high flyin eagle. You don't win 24 straight being weak. If you'll remember, there was a lot about how Montana was weak last year. I think the statement was "The Big Sky conf. is weak." I seem to be seeing alot of that this year too...

There isn't one GRIZ fan that doesn't respect the GSU football program. They're always a great team. But I for one am tired of hearing you and your fellow GSU posters say the Big Sky is weak and that Montana isn't a team that deserves respect.

By the way, one of those 24 straight was against a team that beat you on your own field at the end of last year. If I remember correctly, it was the team that put your season to an end.

Good luck with the rest of your season. I think both teams/confs deserve a lot of respect.

GO GRIZ and Go 1-AA football!

Latest posts

Back