• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Would you agree.....

DuCharme

...with the CSTV commentators? They mentioned how they thought the Griz were among the best in 1-AA at the beginning of the season when they televised the Maine game. Then went on to say that they thought the Griz were a much better team now.

Simply put, I agree.

Thoughts? Comments?

Yeah, did anyone tape the CSTV broadcast, I would beinterested to see what they had to say throughout the game.

The people from CSTV had to have done a better job than than Tom Katz did calling the game.

I watched the replay and heard Katz say, after he babbled about how much improved Willie was this year, that last year he was the complete package...he couldn't catch or block. That may very well be true, and he might have been trying to add something funny to his broadcast, but if it was his intension, there might have been a better way to do it.

Would Katz say that to Willie's face? I don't think so. Maybe he should change his name to Bob.

They said the stadium, atmosphere, mascot and fans were the best in I-AA hands down. They said it was very beautiful. I think they said Phenice had mentioned it was a better football atmosphere than all the other places he had coached at, basically all over the place. They accidentally called us the Bobpussies once, ouch, but they corrected it real quick. They were very unbiased which will be nice in the playoffs. They showed a ton of stadium shots, as well as fans, monte, and areas surrounding the stadium. They kept talking about how loud the cannon was. Pretty funny.

One thing pissed me off and we deserved it. You could hear the booing on t.v. in the early stages when we were running the ball. The announcers talked about how spoiled griz fans are. With only two losses, one to a ranked team, and with a current 6-0 lead, the fans were booing. They ragged on that and deservedly so in my opinion. It's a friggin' marathon, not a race. Win the game, who cares how it gets done. Let the coaches coach. They have done pretty well this year. I think they know what they are doing.

Grizomatic406 said:
The people from CSTV had to have done a better job than than Tom Katz did calling the game.

I watched the replay and heard Katz say, after he babbled about how much improved Willie was this year, that last year he was the complete package...he couldn't catch or block. That may very well be true, and he might have been trying to add something funny to his broadcast, but if it was his intension, there might have been a better way to do it.

Would Katz say that to Willie's face? I don't think so. Maybe he should change his name to Bob.

I recall that Molloy had the drops, i don't think it was as big a problem for Willy. could it be that Katz is mistaken?

Also, i've heard some say how it sounded like Katz was for ISU in that game, i didn't pay much attention when i watched the tape, did he sound like that to others?

BTW, Grady Bennette is pretty good, and Hermes is about as bad as there is.

WW had a serious case of the drops both last year, and earlier this year. He seems to have rectified the problem, however, and has really given Ochs an additional target and the Griz an extra dimension on offense. He is fast becoming the "go-to guy" inside the red zone, and why not----not too many defenders around who can match up with him , even under double coverage. And with that threat, the other receivers get that much more latitude. Go Willy!!

a marathon is a race, caligirlz. i would agree with you on the booing, but not the assumption that everyone who thinks freedom of expression extends that far actuallly DOES it. damn. that's off my chest. i'm off to spend the next two weeks at ma's.

Latest posts

Back