• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Worst helmet ever.

GRZFTBL

Not FCS but this is so fukked up I had to share.

The Virginia Tech Hokies are wearing these stone helmets for Thursday’s game

BU3_k4XCEAEJG3E.jpg

Yikes. I thought Marylands crazy flag helmet / uniforms were bad from a few years ago - as in their uniforms and helmet were based off of Marylands state flag.

It's in honor of the saying 'Hokie Stone" which is something about the school being united. Beamer didn't elaborate more but said "Hokie fans will understand". I'm guessing it is something in tribute to the VA TECH mass shooting. Whatever it is, it means something special to them, and there's nothing bad about that.

Hokie Stone is what all the VT buildings are constructed from. It comes from a university owned quarry and can only be used on University projects...

And I'm back to lurking for another year or two.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Yikes. I thought Marylands crazy flag helmet / uniforms were bad from a few years ago - as in their uniforms and helmet were based off of Marylands state flag.
Those were pretty bad ass IMO

GRZFTBL said:
Not FCS but this is so fukked up I had to share.

The Virginia Tech Hokies are wearing these stone helmets for Thursday’s game

BU3_k4XCEAEJG3E.jpg

Thanks Oregon Ducks for this! What started as a Nike marketing ploy has mutated into this, can it be stopped? I hope the other team comes out with brick-lined helmets to counter-act the hard hitting kitchen/bathroom backsplash masterpieces.

Fahque said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

Go online and look at their new helmet they are using this year. Gives you a headache.

grizpack said:
Fahque said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

Go online and look at their new helmet they are using this year. Gives you a headache.
These ones?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USAlseReqHE[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back