• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

WIU may have some suspensions

HiddenGriz

This just in: WIU may have some players that may have to sit out a couple of games in the playoffs from a game last year... I don't know if this is true or not and I don't know why it is just something I picked up on the I-AA board..

HiddenGriz said:
This just in: WIU may have some players that may have to sit out a couple of games in the playoffs from a game last year... I don't know if this is true or not and I don't know why it is just something I picked up on the I-AA board..

They do, they are losing two defensive starters for the Montana game, DB Chris McNutt and DL Chad Daun.

Well, that can't be a bad thing for UM. At this point, I think the Griz can use all the help they can get....

Chris McNutt is the stud Saftey that I was thinkin of. If that is true about him being out for this game......could be a big deal. Also...the other guy Daun is the starter at DE all season long.

http://www.ncaa.org/releases/champother/2002121301co.htm

It happened last year against Western Kentucky. And looks like W.Kentucky loses some players as well for the playoffs. Some of them were suspended for one game while others were suspended for two.

I saw video clips of the fight they had last year and it was appalling, with guys being hit with helmets.

From anything else I can find on what happened it means the championship playoffs...The NCAA refers to the Div I-AA playoffs as the Div I-AA Championships.

Were these suspensions from the fight when a player picked up the ax on the sideline and charged the field with it??

If I'm not mistaken, it was a sledgehammer. According to a WKU poster over at the Anygivensaturday board, the WKU player was nowhere near the opposing players. But in a crowd of his own teammates.

That's right, thanks for clearing that up. I didn't see the sledgehammer incident but the part you could see on TV was jaw dropping.

What you heard was wrong guys. You are getting the "we did nothing wrong" side of the story from WKU. The guy with the sledge was swinging at/around WIU players and that is why he was suspended and booted from the team. If he just picked it up then it would have been no big deal because someone would have had to carry it back to the locker room anyways, but his tomahawk impression was obvious to everyone who saw it. Although I hate to re-hash this topic, it needs to get cleared up for you folks.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back