• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Winter Storm Watch for Saturday

hardycreek1

A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY AFTERNOON.

* IMPACTS/TIMING: SNOW WILL BEGIN TO FALL SATURDAY MORNING AND
INTENSIFY THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING. SNOW WILL COMBINE WITH WIND
TO PRODUCE LOW VISIBILITIES AND SLICK CONDITIONS THAT COULD
PRODUCE DIFFICULT TRAVEL CONDITIONS SATURDAY.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 2 TO 5 INCHES BY SUNDAY AFTERNOON.

Drive slow, be careful & GO GRIZ!

Sure hope our running game shows up! Playing for the long ball may be tough in those conditions. Go griz!

How strong of wind is being discussed? I see Lincoln has an 80% chance of snow sat as well. I have to drive in this all the way from Great Falls.

reinell30 said:
How strong of wind is being discussed? I see Lincoln has an 80% chance of snow sat as well. I have to drive in this all the way from Great Falls.

My folks live outside of Great Falls and when i go back in the winter months, i like traveling through Helena. Its about 40 miles or so longer but its nice having cell service and double lanes most of the way unlike when you take highway 200...

grizcountry420 said:
reinell30 said:

My folks live outside of Great Falls and when i go back in the winter months, i like traveling through Helena. Its about 40 miles or so longer but its nice having cell service and double lanes most of the way unlike when you take highway 200...

We always come back that way so we can eat at Buffalo Wild Wings in helena. I am contemplating going that way this time.

grizcountry420 said:
reinell30 said:

It might be 40 miles farther but it takes about the same amount of time since it is mostly interstate

reinell30 said:

Gusts up to 40 MPH. Drive safe reinell30! Grew up in Lincoln at 200 sucks during storms as I'm sure you know.

kurtismichael said:
reinell30 said:

Gusts up to 40 MPH. Drive safe reinell30! Grew up in Lincoln at 200 sucks during storms as I'm sure you know.

Thanks Kurtis. I think I will come thru helena. Need extra wild turkey for that wind sounds like.

reinell30 said:
kurtismichael said:
reinell30 said:

Thanks Kurtis. I think I will come thru helena. Need extra wild turkey for that wind sounds like.

Good plan with the extra Wild Turkey. I'm bringing two pints of Fireball instead if one and Hammer better have their fire roaring!

I had a lot of fun the last time we experienced a Winter Storm Warning in WaGriz!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kurtismichael said:
reinell30 said:
kurtismichael said:
reinell30 said:

Good plan with the extra Wild Turkey. I'm bringing two pints of Fireball instead if one and Hammer better have their fire roaring!

If Hammer has his fire roaring, we may walk from M to M1 and get warm. I'll have lots fireball as well. Have I mentioned lately, I hate winter!

reinell30 said:
kurtismichael said:
reinell30 said:
kurtismichael said:

If Hammer has his fire roaring, we may walk from M to M1 and get warm. I'll have lots fireball as well. Have I mentioned lately, I hate winter!

I agree, winter lost its usefulness for me in my 30s when I gave up skiing (sore knees/back). I don't own snow machines so I'd be happy with about 65 degrees and clear skies year around. Don't get frost bite on the walk over to the fire if you make the journey!

reinell30 said:
grizcountry420 said:
reinell30 said:

We always come back that way so we can eat at Buffalo Wild Wings in helena. I am contemplating going that way this time.

Wow. That must be a REALLY good BWW. :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
reinell30 said:
grizcountry420 said:
reinell30 said:

Does such a thing even exist? I can't believe someone would drive out of their way to eat at one when they just left the town that has The Desperado. :?

Htowngriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
reinell30 said:
grizcountry420 said:

Does such a thing even exist? I can't believe someone would drive out of their way to eat at one when they just left the town that has The Desperado. :?

This.

grizpack said:
Htowngriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
reinell30 said:

This.

When you live in Great Falls, you cherish places like BWW. This place has nothing.

kurtismichael said:
reinell30 said:
kurtismichael said:
reinell30 said:

I agree, winter lost its usefulness for me in my 30s when I gave up skiing (sore knees/back). I don't own snow machines so I'd be happy with about 65 degrees and clear skies year around. Don't get frost bite on the walk over to the fire if you make the journey!
It is 92 here today. expect cooler weather for SC v Stanford...

GrizLA said:
kurtismichael said:
reinell30 said:
kurtismichael said:

It is 92 here today. expect cooler weather for SC v Stanford...

To dang hot

Back