• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Williams NOT confirmed by Senate

this sucks.......

For once I have to say "good job" to BW and the rest of griz nation for keeping this tool off of the BOR :thumb:

Good work and thanks to Brint and all others who worked so hard on this and corresponded to the Senators. I am +1 with Cats2506, that is unusual!

Its amazing there was no backroom deal. Good for the Senators that listened and thought for themselves. Good for Griz Nation in uniting on this issue. This will be the start of some healing and good things to come.

:clap: :clap: :clap: WOW :clap: :clap: :clap:
I am surprised but very happy that common sense prevailed in this decision!! :thumb:

From what I am hearing, it was pretty much a party line vote, suggesting that PW gave the Republicans just enough grist to be able not to support him.

Although I was opposed to his serving on the BOR, Pat Williams has, and hopefully will continue to serve the State of Montana well in some alternative capacity.

Unfortunately the vote was pretty much on party lines. All Democrats voted for confirmation and all but two (I think) Republicans voted against confirmation.

Too bad it turned into a Right v Left thing....

Good job to Brint and everyone that put the pressure on---- you were heard over here. I worked quietly on the sidelines over here, but couldn't be too open as I had clients whose interests I can't jeopardize. Just got confirmation on the vote---- 23 votes for PW and all 21 Demos were for him---believe this was a caucus position so no surprise there--- only two Republicans crossed over--- Sen. Peterson who received a direct and personal appeal from Williams and Dee Brown from Columbia Falls.

Note of caution: this may not be over. Hopefully it is, but according to parliamentary rules there is nothing to prevent the same motion from being made tomorrow, or the next day.

Hey they are politicians so it is always going to be about politics. Clearly the Republicans believe that their constituents weren't going to be upset due to their vote against PW. I am actually more surprised by any of the R's voting for Pat.

Interesting. The Missoulian is not "rushing" to report this.

Congratulations to BW. This really was a "grass roots" win against a political machine.

UMGriz75 said:

Congratulations to BW. This really was a "grass roots" win against a political machine.

I haven't seen it yet on any of the papers' websites. Great Falls Tribune, Helena IR, or Billings Gazzette.

Just read his "apology" letter. He is one arrogant F#$k!! That made it worse than before.

Time to ride off into the sunset Pat.

http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/Pat-Williams-not-confirmed-by-Senate-for-Regent-seat/-/14594602/19625112/-/no8gjtz/-/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

UMGriz75 said:

That is wierd, they were live tweeting the "debate"

UMGriz75 said:

http://missoulian.com/news/local/montana-senate-rejects-williams-nomination-to-regents/article_ec2837a2-9d5d-11e2-a48f-001a4bcf887a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is the Missoulian article. Gwen must have been too busy to report it.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/montana-senate-rejects-williams-nomination-to-regents/article_ec2837a2-9d5d-11e2-a48f-001a4bcf887a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back