• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will the Griz move up to #9 in the polls?

Grizzaholic

Well-known member
1. North Dakota State Bison 2-0 (Idle)
2. Eastern Washington Eagles 2-1 (loss 30-21 to Toledo)
3. Montana State Bobcats 2-1 (win 26-0 to Colorado Mesa)
4. Towson Tigers 2-0 (win 49-7 to Delaware State)
5. Sam Houston State Bearkats 2-1 (win 55-17 to Texas State)
6. South Dakota State Jackrabbits 2-0 (win 34-26 to SE Louisiana)
7. Northern Iowa Panthers 2-0 (Idle)
8. Central Arkansas Bears 1-2 (loss 24-23 to Tennessee-Martin)
9. Eastern Illinois Panthers 3-0 (win 57-24 to Illinois State)
10. Georgia Southern Eagles 2-1 (loss 30-20 to #16 Wofford)
11. Montana Grizzlies 2-0 (win 55-17 to U of North Dakota)
12. New Hampshire Wildcats 1-1 (win 53-23 to Colgate)
13. McNeese State Cowboys 2-0 (win 44-42 to West Alabama)
14. Cal Poly Mustangs 1-2 (loss 34-17 to Colorado State)
15. Richmond Spiders 1-2 (loss 12-10 to Gardner-Webb)
16. Wofford Terriers 2-1 (win 30-20 to #10 Georgia Southern)
17. Stony Brook Seawolves 1-1 (loss 26-23 to Buffalo)
18. Illinois State Redbirds 0-2 (Loss 57-24 to #9 Eastern Illinois)
19. Villanova Wildcats 0-2 (Idle)
20. James Madison Dukes 2-1 (win 24-20 to St. Francis)
21. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers 3-0 (win 51-32 to Eastern Kentucky)
22. Lehigh Mountain Hawks 2-0 (win 28-25 to Monmouth)
23. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 3-0 (win 34-13 to FIU)
24. Youngstown State Penguins 2-1 (loss 55-17 to Michigan State)
25. Northern Arizona Lumberjacks 0-1 (win 21-10 to UC Davis)

How many spots will the Griz move up after this week's dominating win over University of North Dakota
 
I definitely see us in the top 10; between the 7-10 range.

I also think that Sam Houston State leap frogs over Towson, MSU and EWU to take the #2 spot after absolutely thrashing FBS Texas State 55-17.
 
Yeah prob to #9 with UCA and GSU dropping out of the top 10. Our win was pretty convincing but I could see Wofford hopping ahead of us from their big win.
 
get'em_griz said:
I definitely see us in the top 10; between the 7-10 range.

I also think that Sam Houston State leap frogs over Towson, MSU and EWU to take the #2 spot after absolutely thrashing FBS Texas State 55-17.
Sam Houston State played Texas Southern which is a sub-par FCS team in the SWAC conference so I don't see them leapfrogging anyone this week.
 
1 NDSU
2 MSU
3 Towson
4 SHSU
5 EWU
6 Eastern Illinois
7 SDSU
8 UM
9 UNI
10 Wofford or UNH

(...is what I think the poll will be on Monday, not that I think MSU is as good as #2, EWU as low as #5, or SDSU is better than UM)
 
DoubleNicks said:
1 NDSU
2 MSU
3 Towson
4 SHSU
5 EWU
6 Eastern Illinois
7 SDSU
8 UM
9 UNI
10 Wofford or UNH

(...is what I think the poll will be on Monday, not that I think MSU is as good as #2, EWU as low as #5, or SDSU is better than UM)

There is no way MSU is #2 after that lackluster showing. If anything Towson is 2 then SHSU 3 then maybe just maybe the Scats. But I see EWU at 4 an the Scats at 5.
 
JSTGriz said:
DoubleNicks said:
1 NDSU
2 MSU
3 Towson
4 SHSU
5 EWU
6 Eastern Illinois
7 SDSU
8 UM
9 UNI
10 Wofford or UNH

(...is what I think the poll will be on Monday, not that I think MSU is as good as #2, EWU as low as #5, or SDSU is better than UM)

There is no way MSU is #2 after that lackluster showing. If anything Towson is 2 then SHSU 3 then maybe just maybe the Scats. But I see EWU at 4 an the Scats at 5.
Fordham.
 
I think one of the reasons the cats were ranked high was because of DM. I think they will drop to 4 or 5. Griz to 8. Had the cats been playing any level of competition Saturday they would have lost.
 
A couple of notes.

Texas Southern is not FBS. They are crummy SWAC school that hasn't won a game, including losing to Prairie View 13-37. They are 242 in the Sagains, just ahead of Savannah State (252 total teams).

BWahlberg
I could see Wofford hopping ahead of us from their big win
From #16 to #9? Good win, not a "big" win. Georgia Southern has only beaten wimps: Savannah State and St Francis. Georgia Southern hasn't proven anything this year.
 
nzone said:
I think one of the reasons the cats were ranked high was because of DM. I think they will drop to 4 or 5. Griz to 8. Had the cats been playing any level of competition Saturday they would have lost.

If Mesa had their starting QB they may have gave them a run for their money. Still not impressed with the Scats run D.
 
Highly unlikely the Griz get by idol Northern Iowa who beat FBS Iowa State in week one 28-20. So nine it will be.
 
Towson is looking better than MSU.

South Dakota State has looked unimpressive in their last two wins. They SHOULD be much farther back, but may not be.

1. North Dakota State (idle)
2. Eastern Washington (this week: FBS loss)
3. Towson (wins: 33-18 FBS UConn, 49-7, 49-7)
4. Montana State (this week: poor DII win)
5. Sam Houston St (wins: vs. bad teams 74-0, 55-17; L at Texas A&M, 28-65)
6. Northern Iowa (wins: Iowa State (FBS) 28-20, Drake, 45-14)
7. Eastern Illinois (wins: San Diego St (FBS) 40-19, So Ill 2OT, No. 18 Ill St 57-24)
8. Montana (wins: No. 12 30-6, SDSU's UND opp by 38)
9. New Hampshire (picks up their first win!)
10. South Dakota State (unimpressive 2 weeks in a row)
 
oGriz said:
Towson is looking better than MSU.

South Dakota State has looked unimpressive in their last two wins. They SHOULD be much farther back, but may not be.

1. North Dakota State (idle)
2. Eastern Washington (this week: FBS loss)
3. Towson (wins: 33-18 FBS UConn, 49-7, 49-7)
4. Montana State (this week: poor DII win)
5. Sam Houston St (wins: vs. bad teams 74-0, 55-17; L at Texas A&M, 28-65)
6. Northern Iowa (wins: Iowa State (FBS) 28-20, Drake, 45-14)
7. Eastern Illinois (wins: San Diego St (FBS) 40-19, So Ill 2OT, No. 18 Ill St 57-24)
8. Montana (wins: No. 12 30-6, SDSU's UND opp by 38)
9. New Hampshire (picks up their first win!)
10. South Dakota State (unimpressive 2 weeks in a row)

This
 
oGriz said:
Towson is looking better than MSU.

South Dakota State has looked unimpressive in their last two wins. They SHOULD be much farther back, but may not be.

1. North Dakota State (idle)
2. Eastern Washington (this week: FBS loss)
3. Towson (wins: 33-18 FBS UConn, 49-7, 49-7)
4. Montana State (this week: poor DII win)
5. Sam Houston St (wins: vs. bad teams 74-0, 55-17; L at Texas A&M, 28-65)
6. Northern Iowa (wins: Iowa State (FBS) 28-20, Drake, 45-14)
7. Eastern Illinois (wins: San Diego St (FBS) 40-19, So Ill 2OT, No. 18 Ill St 57-24)
8. Montana (wins: No. 12 30-6, SDSU's UND opp by 38)
9. New Hampshire (picks up their first win!)
10. South Dakota State (unimpressive 2 weeks in a row)

DoubleNicks said:
(...is what I think the poll will be on Monday, not that I think MSU is as good as #2, EWU as low as #5, or SDSU is better than UM)

I think you guys are giving the voters too much credit. Most probably just look at the box scores and don't really know what happened in the games. I agree that SDSU has been unimpressive and should drop about that much but coming off a double-digit win to ANY FCS team isn't going to drop a team more than a couple of spots. Despite both being unimpressive this week, EWU and MSU will stay high because of the amount of BSC voters (although I could see UM grabbing some of MSU's votes which could drop them a lot).
 
We are a top 10 team for sure I bet we move to 8th and for this early in the season that is just fine for now.
 
grizare#1 said:
We are a top 10 team for sure I bet we move to 8th and for this early in the season that is just fine for now.

I would guess 8 as well. Plenty of time to climb to the top!
 
Back
Top