• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will the D Blitz today?

JayLarson

What think all of you, will we be sending blitzes or just hoping the front 4 can get pressure, which they can, but sending one more guy can't hurt. Our D coordinator has not shown much blitzing at all in his tenure, guess we have only a couple hours to find out!

I'm going to say they won't, if they don't have to. I would expect the Griz will hope to rely on their front 4 getting to the QB so they can keep safety help on those talented UND receivers.

BWahlberg said:
I'm going to say they won't, if they don't have to. I would expect the Griz will hope to rely on their front 4 getting to the QB so they can keep safety help on those talented UND receivers.
Because the safeties were soooo much help last year. Hopefully they play as well as they did vs App State.

Some selective blitzing would be good to keep them honest. I really believe the griz need to rely heavy on the 0-line and down hill running with our backs, some play action and occasional shots down the field. We have the players right now to just line up and out muscle pretty much anyone on our schedule.

indian-outlaw said:
Some selective blitzing would be good to keep them honest. I really believe the griz need to rely heavy on the 0-line and down hill running with our backs, some play action and occasional shots down the field. We have the players right now to just line up and out muscle pretty much anyone on our schedule.

This.

IdahoGrizFan said:
Did we get a single sack against App St?

There is more to pressure than sacks. We had their QB's pressure all game. We were a nightmare for App State. We had their QB's scrambling and out of sync from the get go. I don't recall a lot of sacks though. I do know they very seldom had time to scan the field in the pocket. :thumb:

Back