• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Why can't we all travel to Cuba???

Cuervohola

DONOR
http://the-free-foundation.org/tst4-15-2013.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Amen! The continuation of the embargo on Cuba has been asinine. It has long been time to end it.

I've long said if the are looking for a way to revive the economy - open Cuba up to trade with the U.S., but be careful to bring them up to speed - don't give them any credit or they will stiff us. I'm starting to think Cuba will be the next domino to fall.

The rum and cigars are better in Jamaica.....screw the Cubans. They are true dumb asses for putting up with Castro and his ilk. Until the government falls and true economics help the people instead of the government thugs, your money spent there won't help the average Joe. I don't feel sorry for people who gave up their means to fight a dictatorship in commie countries.

RABIDAWG said:
The rum and cigars are better in Jamaica.....screw the Cubans. They are true dumb asses for putting up with Castro and his ilk. Until the government falls and true economics help the people instead of the government thugs, your money spent there won't help the average Joe. I don't feel sorry for people who gave up their means to fight a dictatorship in commie countries.
I imagine you to be the type who goes on vacations to "resorts" in third world Caribbean dumps and hides behind the walls all day while on an all-inclusive ticket, then brags to your friends about your "exotic" vacation.

CentralMontanan said:
RABIDAWG said:
I imagine you to be the type who goes on vacations to "resorts" in third world Caribbean dumps and hides behind the walls all day while on an all-inclusive ticket, then brags to your friends about your "exotic" vacation.

True - Life is good! Actually...I like hanging with locals when I travel. You just have to be smart on where you do your hanging out. Too bad you can't seem to afford to go!

RABIDAWG said:
CentralMontanan said:
RABIDAWG said:

True - Life is good! Actually...I like hanging with locals when I travel. You just have to be smart on where you do your hanging out. Too bad you can't seem to afford to go!
I've probably been to more countries than you have. But keep on thinking that.

Also, our embargo is what's kept the Castro Regime in power for the last half century...it hasn't done anything.

What does Cuba have that Butte does not, with the exception of freedom. I'll spend my hard earn dollars in Butte.

Wear a Delaney faced teeshirt, have no desire to wear one with Che, that is just me.

And for those that need to go to Cuba, make sure to visit the Gulags, and visit Castro's patriots.

I went once. It's a pretty bizarre place. It doesn't feel as totalitarian as Syria did during my long, strange trip there. But it's...different. I didn't go on some tour either, I just more or less flew in there on a whim while I was staying in Mexico years ago.

Just be sure to have them stamp a separate sheet of paper if you go. That way you avoid the $100K fine involved.

Florida's Cuban population is the reason we won't see the embargo lifted. It's an electorate-rich state that teeters back and forth from red to blue. Pissing off the Cubans would lead to losing the state for the party that lifted it.

tampa_griz said:
Florida's Cuban population is the reason we won't see the embargo lifted. It's an electorate-rich state that teeters back and forth from red to blue. Pissing off the Cubans would lead to losing the state for the party that lifted it.
Pretty much. It's sad that Calle Ocho controls foreign policy of this magnitude, but it is what it is.

tampa_griz said:

agreed. the president who lifts a cuba embargo is only serving one term

Heh, I dated a Cuban girl for a while. Trust me, there other consequences for advocating the removal of the embargo.

Back