• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who's your Daddy?

GrizRanger

The Big Sky Conference’s Daddy that is.

I heard on sports radio that after beating EWU last weekend Sam Houston State is 6-0 vs. Big Sky Conference Teams.

And those victories came against UM, EWU, MSU, and CalPoly, -top tier teams of the Big Sky Conference. It looks like SHSU, not to mention NDSU, are going to be tough competition for any Big Sky teams that make the FCS playoffs.

I'm predicting an NDSU vs. SHSU FCS title game. I hope I'm wrong.

In what time frame? In 04 the Griz rolled SHSU in the playoffs. If you're talking this SHSU's seniors you may be right.

GrizRanger said:
The Big Sky Conference’s Daddy that is.

I heard on sports radio that after beating EWU last weekend Sam Houston State is 6-0 vs. Big Sky Conference Teams.

And those victories came against UM, EWU, MSU, and CalPoly, -top tier teams of the Big Sky Conference. It looks like SHSU, not to mention NDSU, are going to be tough competition for any Big Sky teams that make the FCS playoffs.

I'm predicting an NDSU vs. SHSU FCS title game. I hope I'm wrong.

That's a long way off, might want to wait a month or so....

live4dagriz said:
In what time frame? In 04 the Griz rolled SHSU in the playoffs. If you're talking this SHSU's seniors you may be right.

I haven't bothered to investigate the veracity or details of what was reported on the radio, but the radio said SHSU had won their last 6 games against Big Sky Team opponents, and those opponents were top tier teams in the Big Sky. I had not realized that (assuming it is true) until I heard it on sports radio.

If true, it probably evidences that the speed of SHSU presents problems to Big Sky teams.

GrizRanger said:
live4dagriz said:

I haven't bothered to investigate the veracity or details of what was reported on the radio, but the radio said SHSU had won their last 6 games against Big Sky Team opponents, and those opponents were top tier teams in the Big Sky. I had not realized that (assuming it is true) until I heard it on sports radio.

If true, it probably evidences that the speed of SHSU presents problems to Big Sky teams.

It's accurate. That six games includes wins against:

MSU - 2 (2011, 2012 playoffs)
EWU - 2 (2012 Semi-finals, 2013 regular season)
Montana - 1 (2011 Semi-finals)
Cal-Poly - 1 (2012 Quarter-finals)

Pretty impressive run of dominance by SHSU over the Big Sky. And I would agree that their overall team speed is the difference. Their offense is very difficult to defend against.

That said, both Montana in 2011 and EWU in 2012 made half-time adjustments in those games that had they had a little more time left on the clock towards the end they would have won them, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EWURanger29 said:
GrizRanger said:
live4dagriz said:

It's accurate. That six games includes wins against:

MSU - 2 (2011, 2012 playoffs)
EWU - 2 (2012 Semi-finals, 2013 regular season)
Montana - 1 (2011 Semi-finals)
Cal-Poly - 1 (2012 Quarter-finals)

Pretty impressive run of dominance by SHSU over the Big Sky. And I would agree that their overall team speed is the difference. Their offense is very difficult to defend against.

That said, both Montana in 2011 and EWU in 2012 made half-time adjustments in those games that had they had a little more time left on the clock towards the end they would have won them, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually 5! they never beat the griz in 2011.. remember that game doesn't exist/count anymore..! :egriz:

GrizRanger said:
live4dagriz said:

Just watch the tape of the playoff game last year between SHSU and MSU. MSU looked like they had ankle weights on. There was no comparison in team speed.

Back