• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

WHO DO YOU WISH?

IntuitiveGriz

DONOR
Ok, now that I caught your undivided attention with the thread title, who do you wish the Griz signed in 2013 that they did not? Let's have some fun, fall camp can't get here fast enough for anyone!

Am I the only one on eGriz that is scratching their head that the University of Montana did not sign Billings Senior RB Nolan Saracini? This kid is a big, muscular RB with elite speed! He ran the fastest 100 time in all of Montana this year, running 10.71. That is just off the all-time Montana record, set by Chris Wilson at 10.67. Wilson is a current MSU standout trackster. I'm perplexed.

Who did sign Saracini? Given the depth at running back and the recent transfer Boise, it makes sense the Griz did not sign him. I like seeing Montana kids get schollies, so maybe the Cats gave him an offer?

Back on signing day, in early February, I knew Nolan signed with Montana Tech. Right then I was suprised that he wasn't a Griz or Cat.

Don't get me wrong, I think Tre Favors is probably going to be one of the best (funnest to watch) Griz RB ever, and I am aware that Nguyen is supposed to be pretty good. My confusion, if that's the word (probably not), is just that Saracini is just really big, really fast--puts cat signees Brekke and Vit to shame (in the 100)--and he isn't at either state school. One of the fastest ever in MT and...he's in the Frontier, ok.

All I can say is that Nolan Saracini is going to TEAR UP the NAIA, bigtime :!: :!: All-American easy...

I think, and I've never said this before this year but I've been shouting it this year, that Tech got a fantastic recruiting class this year, and it's not just becaue of Saracini. They got loaded. Time will tell.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Back on signing day, in early February, I knew Nolan signed with Montana Tech. Right then I was suprised that he wasn't a Griz or Cat.

Don't get me wrong, I think Tre Favors is probably going to be one of the best (funnest to watch) Griz RB ever, and I am aware that Nguyen is supposed to be pretty good. My confusion, if that's the word (probably not), is just that Saracini is just really big, really fast--puts cat signees Brekke and Vit to shame (in the 100)--and he isn't at either state school. One of the fastest ever in MT and...he's in the Frontier, ok.

All I can say is that Nolan Saracini is going to TEAR UP the NAIA, bigtime :!: :!: All-American easy...

I think, and I've never said this before this year but I've been shouting it this year, that Tech got a fantastic recruiting class this year, and it's not just becaue of Saracini. They got loaded. Time will tell.

Saraceni was on the Badlands roster. Why did he not play ?

What was Chase Reynolds and Cody Kirks time in the 100 ?

I posted the same comments back in February. I’ve seen him play twice and he is a beast.

I talked with one AA coach last fall who thought the Griz were nuts for going after Brekke and not Saracini. Aside from speed, he is notably thicker than Brekke, and the coach I talked to thought his game would translate better to the college level. Again, this was back when Brekke was committed to the Griz, so this isn’t sour grapes. I wonder if the shoulder injury backed people off a bit, though I understand he is 100% now. Maybe not?

IntuitiveGriz said:

Yeah im not a follower of tech at all even though i live in butte but yeah they sound like there going to be good and with the best turf in the state they will be getting alot more attention this year

-MiningCityGriz- said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Yeah im not a follower of tech at all even though i live in butte but yeah they sound like there going to be good and with the best turf in the state they will be getting alot more attention this year
Word from my old HS coach who later coached West and is in the know in Billings FB said his grades were not good enough to get into either UM or MSU; both wanted him. He is apparently in a Tech program at Mines that must have a lower grade requirement. He is a stud.

Kem,

I heard the same thing last fall, from someone in the know in Billings. However, one of the Senior High assistants told me that was BS when I asked him about it when I was in Billings in March. Then again, he didn't have a great expanation as too why he wasn't more highly recruited.

Who knows. Hard to say, but something sure doesn't add up with this kid and where he is heading. No offense to Tech.

Raider said:
Kem,

I heard the same thing last fall, from someone in the know in Billings. However, one of the Senior High assistants told me that was BS when I asked him about it when I was in Billings in March. Then again, he didn't have a great expanation as too why he wasn't more highly recruited.

Who knows. Hard to say, but something sure doesn't add up with this kid and where he is heading. No offense to Tech.

Didnt Tech sign a decent QB as well?

grizcountry420 said:
Raider said:
Kem,

Didnt Tech sign a decent QB as well?

Reardon from Helena High. Tech had an amazing recruiting class. Hey Carroll, theres a new sheriff in town!!!!

Hammer, gotta agree. Tech is on the rise in a big, big way. They are just killing it in recruiting Frontier-level Montana high school players. They landed about six guys who were at the top of Northern's wish list, including Reardon and Nolan. Tech will be good for many years to come.

Thanks guys for letting me know I wasn't hittin the moonshine too hard when it came to Nolan being a beast RB. Glad ya's backed me up about him being FCS talent, and he was hard to bring down I noticed that too!

I'm going to have to chalk it up to grades (I have no clue though), because it certainly isn't his talent.

And everyone is right about Tech too, along with Nolan S, they got Dawson Reardon at QB who had a GREAT Badlands Bowl game and Zach Bunney RB/CB....I could go on for days so I'll stop here...but I'll leave off with saying the defending Frontier Conference Champs the Montana Tech Orediggers just got richer with their 2013 recruiting class.

Tech's head coach replacement for Bob Green is doing a real good job. And he brand new Tech AD is a former Boston Celtic that played with Larry Bird. When asked at a press conference if there might a be a Bird citing anytime, the AD replied straight-faced, "We don't need Larry. I used to pass him the ball and never would pass it back!" Which lead to a laugh.

wbtfg said:
rimrockgriz said:
A guy with weak grades getting into Tech.. :roll: :roll: :roll: There's my belly laugh to start the day. :egriz:

I dont get it...

If his grades were good enough to get into Tech, a school with a reputation for tough majors, he should have been good enough for the FCS. Should set up some good games to watch in the Frontier if he's supposed to be that good.

rimrockgriz said:
A guy with weak grades getting into Tech.. :roll: :roll: :roll: There's my belly laugh to start the day. :egriz:

Post of the day! :lol:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Back