• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

While I'll always take an ugly win

B_Kross

Can we please have the Griz blow out USD next week so I'm not biting my nails in anxiety at the end of the fourth quarter for a change.

B_Kross said:
Can we please have the Griz blow out USD next week so I'm not biting my nails in anxiety at the end of the fourth quarter for a change.

A win is a win! There are games that appear to be mismatches but hey that's why games are played. Sac St. is a tough place to play. I think Idaho St. and NCU are also tough places. The crowds are small and they are just not great places to play. Had a lot of anxiety with the Cats game today too. I am sure it was the same with EWU fans.

Last three games have all been nail biters.

Griz were outplayed in these last three games yet managed to win 2 of the 3 games, largely due to the excellent play of Jordan Johnson in crunch time (Sac State turnovers helped a lot today as well).

Last year without JJ, Griz would have lost all three of these games IMO.

Delaney should thank his lucky stars JJ decided to stay at UM.

1972 said:
I like games like this, it helps get us ready for playoff football.

Do we really want to be in that position? Of course i want the grizz in the playoffs and for the team to make a deep run. Based on what ive seen this year, i don't really want to play on national television.

BakunLT said:
1972 said:
I like games like this, it helps get us ready for playoff football.

Do we really want to be in that position? Of course i want the grizz in the playoffs and for the team to make a deep run. Based on what ive seen this year, i don't really want to play on national television.

Why not? Great for the players, fans and recruiting.

We've had many games like this in years past, a lot of them against worse opponents, and we made deep playoff runs. Look at the cats and eastern today, both had tough games, all part of the season. We won, time to move on to the next game. Congrats to the players and coaches. 3 more to go.

AZGrizFan said:
The playing field is leveling in the Big Sky...
This
+1
Sad part is we use to reload not rebuild, unfortunately at coaching we're not willing to reload just be happy to someday rebuild.

How is Sac St a tough place to play, looked like more Griz fans than Hornets. WHich is really sad I think I read it was their Military Appreciation day and they were doing a black out for it and the stadium looked a third full, I realize they were in liberal California but still go out and support the Military and your team.

1972 said:
We've had many games like this in years past, a lot of them against worse opponents, and we made deep playoff runs. Look at the cats and eastern today, both had tough games, all part of the season. We won, time to move on to the next game. Congrats to the players and coaches. 3 more to go.

Exactly. EWU gave up 34 to ISU. TO ISU! MSU needed a K/O return for a TD to beat UNC.

No one said the Redemption Tour would be easy. Actually I think Brint did, but he was all hopped up on sugar and ponies.

JayLarson said:
How is Sac St a tough place to play, looked like more Griz fans than Hornets. WHich is really sad I think I read it was their Military Appreciation day and they were doing a black out for it and the stadium looked a third full, I realize they were in liberal California but still go out and support the Military and your team.
Why? This is football...by the way, Sacto is right wing heaven....

If you have a lot of Cali players on your team Sac St. can be a tough place to play. Players families show up big time and it can be a distraction to those players. Plus the atmosphere there is not to exciting and is kind of passive. Kind of a trap place, You came out with a win and that's all that counts.

AZGrizFan said:
1972 said:

Exactly. EWU gave up 34 to ISU. TO ISU! MSU needed a K/O return for a TD to beat UNC.

The key is to keep winning the tough games, and not losing games that shouldn't be lost. Then, it's important to get on a roll as of right now. Most of the ingredients are in place. We need to beat USD. It would be nice to actually start rolling in that game, but a close win would also be fine. Hopefully, the team will start playing like it did against Davis, or better. We'll see. This is one of the things that makes football and sport interesting.

AZGrizFan said:
The playing field is leveling in the Big Sky...

A leveling conference indeed...now coaching, focus critical to success.

Not surprised at how top 4 or 5 teams finish, difference is small....other than cats blowout win versus NAU games all competitive in top tier

UM has to make a serious commit to excellence

Latest posts

Back