• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where are they now? - Reggie Bradshaw

Thanks Chris. Suddenly I feel less "wormy" about being here. I am assuming you read the daily rag's latest shot at egriz. Keep this feature going. Its entertaining and positive. :clap:

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Thanks Chris. Suddenly I feel less "wormy" about being here. I am assuming you read the daily rag's latest shot at egriz. Keep this feature going. Its entertaining and positive. :clap:

What shot was that?

I had Acting for Non-Majors with Reggie my freshman year. Was always surprised at how down-to-earth and soft-spoken he seemed. Really nice guy.

Haven't had much contact with football players in my years here, but any contact I have had has been positive, as with Reggie. That's why it always throws me for a loop when I hear folks on campus make sweeping generalizations about football players being entitled pricks or the like.

MrTitleist said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

What shot was that?
This...

MrTitleist said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

What shot was that?
Bill Speltz wrote a column in Sunday's edition, "Attack of the Dirt Dwellers" ripping anonymous online behavior as it relates to sports and athletes in particular. In his defense, he did cite the Missoulian's online comments before egriz. And he does have a valid point when he wrote about people going after high school athletes. I will see if I can dig up the link later today and post it here for you.

here's the link
http://missoulian.com/sports/catch-all/speltz-attack-of-the-dirt-dwellers/article_790713b4-8959-11e2-872d-0019bb2963f4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good read and a fine example of how Griz athletes take the opportunity provided them by a scholarship and their team experience to build a career. :clap: :thumb:

Off topic but I see Justin Roper is the new RBs coach at the University of Findlay. Division II school in Ohio.

They must be desperate if they're hiring a 6' 6" giraffe that throws to be a running backs coach. Of course if Roper wants to start coaching, ya gotta start somewhere I guess. Any port in a storm or whatever.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
MrTitleist said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

What shot was that?
Bill Speltz wrote a column in Sunday's edition, "Attack of the Dirt Dwellers" ripping anonymous online behavior as it relates to sports and athletes in particular. In his defense, he did cite the Missoulian's online comments before egriz. And he does have a valid point when he wrote about people going after high school athletes. I will see if I can dig up the link later today and post it here for you.

here's the link
http://missoulian.com/sports/catch-all/speltz-attack-of-the-dirt-dwellers/article_790713b4-8959-11e2-872d-0019bb2963f4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't want to derail this thread too much, because any efforts to put out for public consumption the good acts of former grizzly athletes is a great idea.

Most who will have read my stuff in the past will recognize I am fairly resolute in my stance about message boards and personal attacks on players. I truly believe faceless attacks on players especially at the amateur level is out of bounds. While some people seem to believe that those comments are just an extension of why they might say on Friday nights, they however fail to recognize on Friday nights we all recognize the village idiot who stands up and screams incendiary profanity laden tirdes in the stands. Online people can choose to make their comments behind a firewall, where in the moment at the time few people would have the guts to stand up.

Bill Speltz's article about reader comments about players is dead on. You might think it is yet another Missoulian attack on these type of places, but the reality is that his essay serves as a reminder that just because we can post stuff on social media doesn't mean we should.

Back