• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where are Montana's new Bob Greens and Cato Butlers?

Silvertip

Montana has some decent sports figures but none like this pair...an example of why baseball became boring when the Yogi Berra's and Bill Veeck's left the sport.

Hard to replace those two. I was living away from Montana during Green's heyday, but enjoyed reading his comments and catching the occasional video clip. But I grew up listening to Cato Butler and for me, he's in a class all his own. The infamous, "the cat's in the bag and the bag's in the river" is just one of many memorable lines. Although he's more straight forward and not much of a crack up or a character, I listened to Vin Scully call a Dodgers game a week or so back and almost teared up just hearing his account of the game -- I think this is his 65th year in the booth; and he has signed up for next year.

grizcountry420 said:
Mr. Greenjeans said:
grizcountry420 said:
Silvertip said:
an example of why baseball became boring when the Yogi Berra's and Bill Veeck's left the sport.

Fukc you're old..

And you're a twit, but no one really cares. :shock:

........Yawn

Exactly kid, take it to heart, defining your self by your choice of intoxicant is lame. I've smoked my share and threw back my share with bros but it doesn't define me, but those times were fun. Whatever blows your hair back kid....In a decade or 2 things might look a bit different, happens to all of us, it will happen to you, good luck going forward.

:jack:

http://espn.go.com/blog/rick-reilly-go-fish/post/_/id/756/will-somebody-please-hire-coach-bob-green" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mtgrizrule said:
Vin Scully is the da man when it comes to announcing!!!!

But he doesn't beat the 'Voice of God!!!" < http://bleacherreport.com/articles/148268-yankees-pa-announcer-bob-sheppard-remains-sick-a-trubute-to-the-voice-of-god" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back