• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

When has Montana last played in Seattle?

Last five (5) FCS games as I know them
2011 Sep 11 Tennessee v Montana L 42 16
2005 Sep 10 Oregon v Montana L 47 14
1993 Sep 11 Oregon v Montana L 35 30
1996 Sep 7 Oregon State v Montana L 14 35
1990 Sep 1 Oregon State v Montana L 15 22

Good Luck in your FCS matches that are scheduled
:cool:
 
BigPawzSharpClawz said:
Last five (5) FCS games as I know them
2011 Sep 11 Tennessee v Montana L 42 16
2005 Sep 10 Oregon v Montana L 47 14
1993 Sep 11 Oregon v Montana L 35 30
1996 Sep 7 Oregon State v Montana L 14 35
1990 Sep 1 Oregon State v Montana L 15 22

Good Luck in your FCS matches that are scheduled
:cool:
didnt you play iowa or iowa state in about 2006, as I remember it you got your ass kicked by them the same day we beat CU
 
Iowa, the very definition of a body bag game. We got slaughtered, but at the time, whatever our payout was was one of the highest sums paid to a 1AA school to that point.
 
BigPawzSharpClawz said:
Last five (5) FCS games as I know them
2011 Sep 11 Tennessee v Montana L 42 16
2005 Sep 10 Oregon v Montana L 47 14
1993 Sep 11 Oregon v Montana L 35 30
1996 Sep 7 Oregon State v Montana L 14 35
1990 Sep 1 Oregon State v Montana L 15 22

Good Luck in your FCS matches that are scheduled
:cool:

Hawaii in 2001, 12-30 L
 
BigPawzSharpClawz said:
Last five (5) FCS games as I know them
2011 Sep 11 Tennessee v Montana L 42 16
2005 Sep 10 Oregon v Montana L 47 14
1993 Sep 11 Oregon v Montana L 35 30
1996 Sep 7 Oregon State v Montana L 14 35 This was a 35-14 Montana WIN
1990 Sep 1 Oregon State v Montana L 15 22
This was a 22-15 Montana WIN
Good Luck in your FCS matches that are scheduled
:cool:
FCS games? Really? Try to get at least half your facts right. Both OSU games wins; how about all the Idaho wins? UM is 4-1 with Idaho since they went FBS. 25-13 loss to WSU in '92; 27-12 loss to Kansas St in '92; 38-21 loss to WSU in '95; 28-13 loss to Wyoming in '97; 30-12 loss to Hawaii in '01; 41-7 loss to Iowa in '06.

So you had 5 of 16 since '90 and had two of them wrong. Only guessing that you were trying to list FBS games, not FCS. But nice contribution otherwise....
 
gotgame75 said:
Iowa, the very definition of a body bag game. We got slaughtered, but at the time, whatever our payout was was one of the highest sums paid to a 1AA school to that point.
17-7 in the third quarter. The D held up well until worn down by repeated Montana 3 and outs from new QB Swogger. Blowout came late with Iowa still trying for more at the gun. 41-7 in '06
 
To answer your question, Montana last played at Washington in 1951, a conference game. Washington last played in Missoula in 1927. Montana 1-16-1 against Washington, with the win coming in 1920, and the tie in 1929. All but 1 game has been in Seattle. Montana next plays at Washington in 2017.
 
The Iowa game wasn't even all that bad.. I think it was 17-7 to start the 4th quarter.. I think Iowa was high ranked to start that season too. Swogger's first game.. then he got hurt.
 
I would love to play Tennessee again. Those folks back there treated us unreal. Another game I would love to see is against' Ohio State. When you play the big boys, you might as well play the best...
 
kemajic said:
gotgame75 said:
Iowa, the very definition of a body bag game. We got slaughtered, but at the time, whatever our payout was was one of the highest sums paid to a 1AA school to that point.
17-7 in the third quarter. The D held up well until worn down by repeated Montana 3 and outs from new QB Swogger. Blowout came late with Iowa still trying for more at the gun. 41-7 in '06

So that's pretty much the same as MSU keeping it close with NDSU in Bozeman in 2010 until it turned into a blowout?
 
Jerry Punch said:
kemajic said:
gotgame75 said:
Iowa, the very definition of a body bag game. We got slaughtered, but at the time, whatever our payout was was one of the highest sums paid to a 1AA school to that point.
17-7 in the third quarter. The D held up well until worn down by repeated Montana 3 and outs from new QB Swogger. Blowout came late with Iowa still trying for more at the gun. 41-7 in '06

So that's pretty much the same as MSU keeping it close with NDSU in Bozeman in 2010 until it turned into a blowout?

Are you wanting to compare a home game against a good FCS team to a road game against a FBS team that was ranked in the top 25 at the time? I think Iowa scored on the last play of the game. Swogger broke his thumb, or something in his hand during the game, but continued to play. Iowa and its crowd really came alive after UM scored in the 3rd, and really came after us after that.
 
Not at all. I'm just drawing the big time Griz homers into admitting that there is always a legitimate excuse for their losses when there are never any for the Cats.

Mission accomplished.
 
Jerry Punch said:
Not at all. I'm just drawing the big time Griz homers into admitting that there is always a legitimate excuse for their losses when there are never any for the Cats.

Mission accomplished.

You have to admit that the Cats have been a big disappointment in the playoffs in recent years. Big seed and expectations, but don't back it up on the field.
 
Jerry Punch said:
kemajic said:
gotgame75 said:
Iowa, the very definition of a body bag game. We got slaughtered, but at the time, whatever our payout was was one of the highest sums paid to a 1AA school to that point.
17-7 in the third quarter. The D held up well until worn down by repeated Montana 3 and outs from new QB Swogger. Blowout came late with Iowa still trying for more at the gun. 41-7 in '06

So that's pretty much the same as MSU keeping it close with NDSU in Bozeman in 2010 until it turned into a blowout?

I believe once again the cats were ranked #2 in the FCS (just behind NDSU) of course that was just before another blow out Stony Brook wasn't it?

There was the mirage Bowl played in tokyo November 17, 1984: Army 45 Montana 31. Enkoyed being there for that one.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top