• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What's with all the fing advertising at the game?

mr_bolo

Well-known member
Great Game GRiz:

Bitch: What is with all of the annoying, seemingly never ending advertising at the game? That's why I go to the games to avoid all the advertising: Flu shots, happy fing birthdays, law firms, pizza, extreme eating, etc. The shit gets old. That use to be rare and it is, at least for me, greatly diminishing the experience. Don't they make enough money without having to commercialize everything?
 
Revenue for the athletic department. I usually don't look at it. I liked the Monte flu shot video. I like ones with coaches and UM people talking or miked up.
 
PlayerRep said:
Revenue for the athletic department. I usually don't look at it. I liked the Monte flu shot video. I like ones with coaches and UM people talking or miked up.
Didn't we talk about this in the past and that athletic dept. money just kind of rolls into the schools slush fund rather than being pumped back in to the athletics???
 
dupuyer griz said:
PlayerRep said:
Revenue for the athletic department. I usually don't look at it. I liked the Monte flu shot video. I like ones with coaches and UM people talking or miked up.
Didn't we talk about this in the past and that athletic dept. money just kind of rolls into the schools slush fund rather than being pumped back in to the athletics???

I didn't. I think it may be more of a question of whether you want ticket prices to go up, or put up with commercials at the game.
 
PlayerRep said:
dupuyer griz said:
PlayerRep said:
Revenue for the athletic department. I usually don't look at it. I liked the Monte flu shot video. I like ones with coaches and UM people talking or miked up.
Didn't we talk about this in the past and that athletic dept. money just kind of rolls into the schools slush fund rather than being pumped back in to the athletics???

I didn't. I think it may be more of a question of whether you want ticket prices to go up, or put up with commercials at the game.

Yup...a trade off, cannot imagine tickets getting pricier
 
Doesnt learfield own/lease the advertising rights? If so, i think um gets the same revenue whether there sre 10 ads or 500 ads.
 
wbtfg said:
Doesnt learfield own/lease the advertising rights? If so, i think um gets the same revenue whether there sre 10 ads or 500 ads.

Are you talking about ads on the video screen? While I don't know, I doubt that Leerfield has the rights to the advertising on the video screen.
 
PlayerRep said:
wbtfg said:
Doesnt learfield own/lease the advertising rights? If so, i think um gets the same revenue whether there sre 10 ads or 500 ads.

Are you talking about ads on the video screen? While I don't know, I doubt that Leerfield has the rights to the advertising on the video screen.

My impression was that learfield leased the right to all corporate and other ad revenue
 
wbtfg said:
Doesnt learfield own/lease the advertising rights? If so, i think um gets the same revenue whether there sre 10 ads or 500 ads.

Bingo.

A quote in recall from our former AD, "I think Montana sold it's soul to Learfield."
 
wbtfg said:
PlayerRep said:
wbtfg said:
Doesnt learfield own/lease the advertising rights? If so, i think um gets the same revenue whether there sre 10 ads or 500 ads.

Are you talking about ads on the video screen? While I don't know, I doubt that Leerfield has the rights to the advertising on the video screen.

My impression was that learfield leased the right to all corporate and other ad revenue

You may be right. As I said, I doubt know. It would seem odd the Learfield would have control/rights over a Monte flu shot video, birthday announcements, etc. Maybe they do. Even if they do, I'd be curious to see what the financial arrangement is. It doesn't necessarily have to be fixed fee. It could depend on the amount and type of advertising.
 
These pinheads in the marketing department need to stop selling the Grizzly emblem to the highest bidder and get back to tradition. I know I'm not the only one on here who remembers when the we used to kick off every game with a cold one. You can see more about it on the Coors Facebook page. I've heard that Town Pump is selling 18 packs for $15.49.
 
PlayerRep said:
dupuyer griz said:
PlayerRep said:
Revenue for the athletic department. I usually don't look at it. I liked the Monte flu shot video. I like ones with coaches and UM people talking or miked up.
Didn't we talk about this in the past and that athletic dept. money just kind of rolls into the schools slush fund rather than being pumped back in to the athletics???

I didn't. I think it may be more of a question of whether you want ticket prices to go up, or put up with commercials at the game.

They seem to be going up despite the spamalmadingdong we endure on Saturday afternoon.... :?
 
tnt said:
MrTitleist said:
Happy birthdays are advertising?


Thry ain't free and cost more with photo.........

No doubt. And they are the most oft overlooked marketing campaign for those who hold the rights to the song "Happy Birthday," bakers, and candlestick makers. Those dudes are on the take, and are making Griz Football Saturday the fool.
 
Back
Top