• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What the hell is up with kicker??

THE HERD

Is he your real kicker or was there an injury and he is just filling in for awhile? Those extra points he was kicking were pretty damn bad! He was kicking them so low it was unbelievable.

We're all trying to figure out what's wrong with Lider. Last year, when he was a freshman, I was willing to give him somewhat of a pass. This year ... not so much! I hate the thought of a game coming down to his foot.

THE HERD said:
Is he your real kicker or was there an injury and he is just filling in for awhile? Those extra points he was kicking were pretty damn bad! He was kicking them so low it was unbelievable.

He is terrible. Has been the whole time he has been here. Some will come on here and try to justify it by saying he is young, or he made more field goals than he missed or some other excuse, but the fact of the matter is that he isn't very good. We should go for two every time as the odds are about the same for us.

Ya I would'nt mind them saying, "That all your credits earned at UM are transferable to any other in-state institutions."

I can see getting on a NFL Kicker, but a 19 or 20 year old? I am sure the coaches, and himself know there has to be improvement. Thankfully for him, the coaches support him better than our fan base does.

If by support, you mean doinking PATs, then no, I do not support.

Sidenote: I have some eligibility, and can toe punch with the best of em'..

mtgrizrule said:
I can see getting on a NFL Kicker, but a 19 or 20 year old? I am sure the coaches, and himself know there has to be improvement. Thankfully for him, the coaches support him better than our fan base does.

Is he on scholarship? If so, he's getting a free ride to UM in exchange for being a competent placekicker. He has to hold up his end of the deal or be prepared to face criticism.

If he's not on scholarship, then I guess we should just give him a big ol' hug.

I am sure it does not help any with fans riding the kid. Let the staff work things out. No need to add fuel the fire for the kid.

mtgrizrule said:

I have no problem with your statement, if we are talking about 30+ yd field goals. However, PAT's aka "chip shots" should have been perfected in high school, allowing for said person to kick in the Big Sky. PATs are missed on occassion, but there is a trend developing here!

After what he did in Cat/Griz I'd hoped he'd realize that his job would be on the line if he kept it up...

Maybe we should have Shaw start attempting drop kicks

mtgrizrule said:
I am sure it does not help any with fans riding the kid. Let the staff work things out. No need to add fuel the fire for the kid.

I doubt he's reading, and I don't really care if he is. Make PATs and people won't criticize you for missing PATs. Pretty simple.

mtgrizrule:

Great post. No need to add fuel to the fire. Kid feels enough pressure. When he relaxes he'll be fine. He has a powerful leg. Fans jumping on him and sending negative vibes his way doesn't help a thing.

GrizSpartan said:
mtgrizrule:

Great post. No need to add fuel to the fire. Kid feels enough pressure. When he relaxes he'll be fine. He has a powerful leg. Fans jumping on him and sending negative vibes his way doesn't help a thing.

Dude, he is a KICKER. His job revolves around pressure situations. And, from what I can tell, he is a big boy.

GrizSpartan said:
mtgrizrule:

You're right, he's doing great. Keep up the good work. If he gets his feelings hurt, he might start missing PATs or something.

Sign up egriz's very own Chris Lynn. He's 1 for 1 this year, and my guess is he was a few cocktails into the day when he booted his solid field goal attempt.

Gametime said:
Sign up egriz's very own Chris Lynn. He's 1 for 1 this year, and my guess is he was a few cocktails into the day when he booted his solid field goal attempt.

I agree Mr. eGriz himself Chris "I will kick for Dickies" Lynn may be our best option. However, the NCAA will declare him ineligible for accepting free BBQ!

We have to have somebody with skills on the men's soccer team that could beat out "I prefer to kick it wider"...Lider!

Latest posts

Back