• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What more do you want?

NLGrizFan

Why and/or how can you bitch about an offense that has out scored opponents 203 to 98 thus far? With 2 game having 2 runners over 100 yds each? JJ is (probably) still in the top 10 efficientcy rating. If you haven't noticed this isn't the Big Sigh Conference anymore... Just sayin.

Don't you know? What NDSU has plus some. Lol. JJ needs to have a passer efficiancy if over 300 every game apparently.

NLGrizFan said:
Why and/or how can you bitch about an offense that has out scored opponents 203 to 98 thus far? With 2 game having 2 runners over 100 yds each? JJ is (probably) still in the top 10 efficientcy rating. If you haven't noticed this isn't the Big Sigh Conference anymore... Just sayin.

Very true, I still think the Defense is a little suspect...

The end result may look very good but we are still giving up huge plays and long drives and way too many yards. Maybe i'm just used to being The FcS equivalent of Alabama when it comes to Defense

It's just crazy!! The Griz are 4-1 now and have out scored most in huge deficits. I'm not convinced that we'd beat UNI or NDSU but hey, this is a hell of a lot better than watching our 2012 team...

NLGrizFan said:
It's just crazy!! The Griz are 4-1 now and have out scored most in huge deficits. I'm not convinced that we'd beat UNI or NDSU but hey, this is a hell of a lot better than watching our 2012 team...

Thats my point, Blowing out teams offensively is great. A few adjustments on defense? and we may be good enough to pull an upset over UNI or NDSU

BakunLT said:
NLGrizFan said:

Thats my point, Blowing out teams offensively is great. A few adjustments on defense? and we may be good enough to pull an upset over UNI or NDSU
I still have to wonder about the Griz D. They shut down a team that averages 42 points per game and caused 4 turnovers. There was some big plays that were given up but, if I remember correctly, most of them came in garbage time. PSU was stuck at 20 points, less than half of their average, until MD took his foot off the throttle. I guess what I'm getting at is PSU held a tight game with a top 25 team but the Griz shut em down. I could bitch about the D but they're pulling their weight. For the most part. A few adjustments and I think they'd be better. They'll pick it up in the post season :thumb:

NLGrizFan said:
BakunLT said:
NLGrizFan said:

I still have to wonder about the Griz D. They shut down a team that averages 42 points per game and caused 4 turnovers. There was some big plays that were given up but, if I remember correctly, most of them came in garbage time. PSU was stuck at 20 points, less than half of their average, until MD took his foot off the throttle. I guess what I'm getting at is PSU held a tight game with a top 25 team but the Griz shut em down. I could bitch about the D but they're pulling their weight. For the most part. A few adjustments and I think they'd be better. They'll pick it up in the post season :thumb:

The Griz defense held Portland State, the 3rd-best team in the nation in total yards, to 27 points. The defense has played well this year overall, but the pass defense still needs to improve a lot.

Some Griz fans want a stronger conference, move up and wins of 50-0 in all games--and lower ticket prices and people in their seats at the start of the 3rd Q.

PlayerRep said:
Some Griz fans want a stronger conference, move up and wins of 50-0 in all games--and lower ticket prices and people in their seats at the start of the 3rd Q.

HA!

Im not talking about this weekends performance. I know how good PSU is on the offensive side of the ball. When we make it to the playoffs, i hope our D is very strong at that point because any team we meet in the playoffs is going to be VERY GOOD.

NLGrizFan said:

Apparently the perceived ability to beat NDSU has become the new measure of success (?)

51987-Are-You-Not-Entertained-1a5I.jpeg

mikegriz said:
NLGrizFan said:

Apparently the perceived ability to beat NDSU has become the new measure of success (?)
I hear that! I think they're a good team but I also think they're beatable. Maybe not by the Griz, right now anyways. But as the season goes on I think they'll be pretty decent when the post season comes along.

Back