• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What FBS games would we have a chance of Winning?

GlacierGrizX

(I was just thinking Western teams for travel!!)
My thoughts:
Air Force
Colorado State
New Mexico
New Mexico St
Univ of Nevada -Reno
UNLV
Idaho
Wyoming
San Diego St
Fresno St ??? Doubt it
Washington St-I highly doubt it, maybe first game of the year!

Mmmm, gotta be Idaho, who the glass-half-empty crowd always likes to remind us is our overly ambitious uppity peer from the other side of the Bitterroots... ;)

We would have a good chance of beating any of the schools mentioned if we have a team as talented as the teams coached by Bobby Hauck.

Spanky said:
We would have a good chance of beating any of the schools mentioned if we have a team as talented as the teams coached by Bobby Hauck.

We have as much or more talent on the roster right now than any Hauck team. The thing I miss the most about the Hauck teams was the toughness. Those were tough football teams that tackled well and played with a chip on their shoulder. They had a confident swagger when they took the field. I miss that the most.

Hammer said:
Spanky said:

We have as much or more talent on the roster right now than any Hauck team. The thing I miss the most about the Hauck teams was the toughness. Those were tough football teams that tackled well and played with a chip on their shoulder. They had a confident swagger when they took the field. I miss that the most.
We had that back in 2011.

Understandably, it was definitely lacking last year.

uofmman1122 said:
Hammer said:
Spanky said:

We were a great FB team in 2011, but no Pflugrad team was as tough as or tackled as well as a Hauck team.

Hammer said:
uofmman1122 said:
Hammer said:
Spanky said:

We were a great FB team in 2011, but no Pflugrad team was as tough as or tackled as well as a Hauck team.

FACT. Hauck was fundamentally sound, beat you in the turnover margin, special teams, and halftime adjustments. He out-coached you. The games were not pretty, but he got the most of his players.

Latest posts

Back