• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

We're still very much alive.

ronbo

This Idaho team may very well be the toughest team we'll face all year.
Their Offensive line was superb. They had great recievers, and their QB was a pro. Their Defensive Line, well what can you say, they were great.

I doubt NAU will be that good.

We win out and get the at large bid.

ronbo said:
Their Offensive line was superb. They had great recievers, and their QB was a pro. Their Defensive Line, well what can you say, they were great.

I hope your right about the at-large. Loss to NDSU may have required us to win the rest of the games to make the playoffs.

Griz now have to win all the rest of the games to make the playoffs. One more loss, and this season is pretty much over.

And do not under rate NAU. But if someone beats NAU. Seems everytime NAU loses a big game, they tank it the rest of the season. Hopefully, someone other than ISU beats them.

An at-large bid for the Griz is basically worthless. We have never won a play-off game on the road.

'68griz said:
An at-large bid for the Griz is basically worthless. We have never won a play-off game on the road.

Worthless? Bite your tongue 68. Any year you make it to the playoffs is something to be proud of.

Last year with an at-large bid, the Griz advanced to the quarterfinals, and were so very close to knocking off McNeese St, which would have brought a semi-final game back to Missoula.

I know off the top of my head that both UMass and Youngstown have won the NC after getting at-large bid's to the playoffs. Oh yeah, and there was that team from W. Kentucky last year. They did something with their 'at-large' bid.

ronbo said:

I think NAU should be better.
And not to put the kid down,but the ISU qb wasn't accurate, he threw many off target passes, and some great ones, but with how open his guys were it was much easier for the wrs to adjust. I think we'll see NAU and EWU tyring the air attack quite a lot.
the biggest thing in ISU's favor was that there was no pressure on the qb. and given that their line is decent a non-blitzing scheme wont do much.

I do not look at it the way Ronbo looks at it.

I Look at it this way, if Griz run the table, NAU beats ISU which I believe they will, Griz win the Big Sky Conference and the automatic bid.

May seem impossible after the game yesterday, leaving everybody the poor attitude that the Griz will automatically lose to NAU, but things often do not work that way.

Not necessarily, because in your scenario, it would come down to the tie-breaker again to decide the BS champion, because you and NAU woould each have only one BS loss.

poorgriz said:
Not necessarily, because in your scenario, it would come down to the tie-breaker again to decide the BS champion, because you and NAU woould each have only one BS loss.

Yeah, and if we win out, that means their one loss came from us. And the first tiebreaker is head to head.

Oh yea - you're right. Idaho would then have 2 losses therefore wouldn't be involved in the tiebreaker and you'd win the head-to-head against NAU. This weekend should being things into clearer focus. :p

Are your boys ready for NAU poor? Should be a very interesting game, and could tell a lot about how the BSC will shape up.

Latest posts

Back