• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Welcome, Chris Kemp, to Griz Nation!

Gallatin Griz

http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/050213aab.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know he is mentioned in another thread but he deserves his own topic.

:clap: :thumb:

Go Griz!

Maul'em!

Welcome to GRIZ NATION Chris Kemp. I hope he defends the post and rebounds well. Looks like he is pretty strong. I wish we got another 6'9" or better player, but it is good this kid is strong and has muscle.

Perhaps one of our best recruits of late. Tough and is good in the classroom.

Look forward to watching this big guy play.

This dude looks like the exact type of kid I was thinking we needed. Strong, tough and a good rebounder. Welcome aboard Chris! I hope you enjoy being part of griznation.

http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2012-13/div1/players/chriskemp8r2x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Projected average of 46.2 points per game overall if playing 40 min?

...19.8 ppg in conference games if doing the same?

Sounds like he'll be a valuable addition for the next couple years. Hopefully so. Be nice if he'd average that in the BSC.

Anyone seen Chris Kemp play in person? By the sounds of it, I am envisioning a Kamar Davis type player on the boards, and offensively. Kamar was very good using his bulk, and a very good paint player.

I got an email over the week end from Bret Swanson who scouts the JC ranks for Jucojunction plus a scouting service for D-1 coaches. He thought Kemp was a real good get for the Griz even more so than his stats would indicate. He will be a real athletic power forward at the Big Sky level but his strongest attribute is his physicalness and aggressiveness on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. Should give the Griz a defensive stopper and a strong rebounder. Can score just was not given much of an oppertunity, but will do what is asked of him.

Mslacat said:
I got an email over the week end from Bret Swanson who scouts the JC ranks for Jucojunction plus a scouting service for D-1 coaches. He thought Kemp was a real good get for the Griz even more so than his stats would indicate. He will be a real athletic power forward at the Big Sky level but his strongest attribute is his physicalness and aggressiveness on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. Should give the Griz a defensive stopper and a strong rebounder. Can score just was not given much of an oppertunity, but will do what is asked of him.

Just what the DR ordered, and exactly what the GRIZ need. Some frontcourt toughness and athleticism will be perfect for the team.

Mslacat said:

Thanks for the info, Mcat.

And GREAT news! :thumb:

EverettGriz said:
Mslacat said:

Thanks for the info, Mcat.

And GREAT news! :thumb:

Yes, thank you very much!

This is the kind of guy I was hoping for. 6-6 or 6-7 220+ pounder that can get us 8-10 boards a game. Like I said, Melvin Ejim lead the big 12 in rebounding and he's 6-6. Just need one of these athletic guys to clean up the glass. I think he could be a good get for the Griz.

Back