• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

weber's journalism stars

citygriz

we can always rely on our friends from weber to come onto this board from time to time and exhibit their remarkable journalism skills, detailing in lucid clear prose every player defection or off-court problem we may have, while adding a juicy editorial comment or two.

but let weber have similar problems, and the newspaper boys never show up, the while those remarkable journalism skills go to waste, completely. as when gelaun wheelwright, a talented athletic guard that had transferred in from usc, suddenly departs the program (as he did last week) or it's announced that james hajek, the big backup center, has undergone knee surgery and will miss at least half of next year. the editioral board that had declared "wheels" might be a candidate for POY next year, has suddenly had a belated clarifcation of their prior thinking, and now the selfish ball-hog wheelwright, for all his talent, probably won't stall weber's unimpeded march to the big sky title.

ah, yes. "fair and balalnced" reporting. where have we seen that before?

If you want "fair and Balanced" these days your going to have to find a teeter-toter(sp) with somebody your own weight!!

citay said:
we can always rely on our friends from weber to come onto this board from time to time and exhibit their remarkable journalism skills, detailing in lucid clear prose every player defection or off-court problem we may have, while adding a juicy editorial comment or two.

but let weber have similar problems, and the newspaper boys never show up, the while those remarkable journalism skills go to waste, completely. as when gelaun wheelwright, a talented athletic guard that had transferred in from usc, suddenly departs the program (as he did last week) or it's announced that james hajek, the big backup center, has undergone knee surgery and will miss at least half of next year. the editioral board that had declared "wheels" might be a candidate for POY next year, has suddenly had a belated clarifcation of their prior thinking, and now the selfish ball-hog wheelwright, for all his talent, probably won't stall weber's unimpeded march to the big sky title.

It's called depth, we have it. If you have paid any attention at all about our recent recruiting, you would see why we are not worried about our future. And Hajek is predicted to be back before conference starts, which is all that matters

And if the POY of the upcoming season does in fact come from Weber, Berry is the best candidate.

WILDCATFAN said:
citay said:

It's called depth, we have it. If you have paid any attention at all about our recent recruiting, you would see why we are not worried about our future. And Hajek is predicted to be back before conference starts, which is all that matters

And if the POY of the upcoming season does in fact come from Weber, Berry is the best candidate.

I heard this news last week of his departure. Did not post it here because I'm sick of the yahoos here questioning anything posted not with an official source. I am not too worried about any team's guards. The GRIZ can match with any conference team in the back court. With that said, in my opinion, Weber's player with the most talent and upside is Bolomboy. I am not sure when it will be his turn to shine, but this kid scares me. I think Weber State should let him be the primary post man. I know they have other good senior post players, but Bolomboy is the best overall.

mtgrizrule said:
...With that said, in my opinion, Weber's player with the most talent and upside is Bolomboy. I am not sure when it will be his turn to shine, but this kid scares me. I think Weber State should let him be the primary post man. I know they have other good senior post players, but Bolomboy is the best overall.

I agree with you 100% on this guy. Bolomboy is a flat out stud and when he gets it figured out he will be a Big Sky MVP. I just hope that Weber's guards think they can do it without him.

gotgame75 said:
What's the story with Wheelwright??? What did he do???

When asked why he was tranferring, Wheelwright said "just wasn't the same".

Weber State men’s basketball head coach Randy Rahe has announced junior guard Gelaun Wheelwright has left the program.

“It was a mutual decision between me and Gelaun and we both decided it was time for him to have a change of environment and move on to a different situation,” Rahe said. “We appreciatee all Gelaun has done for us and we wish him nothing but the best in his future in whatever he decides to do. We will help along the way in anyway we can.”

Wheelwright played two seasons with the Wildcats and appeared in 63 games. He had a career average of 6.0 points and 1.4 assists per game.

http://www.weberstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8600&ATCLID=209249990

There is some speculation on the Weber forum that Gelaun would have seen limited time this year and next year and was actually being beat for the Starting 2 guard spot by Jeremy Senglin a Freshman from Arlington Texas.

No one really knows the real reasons, and probably never will. But we Weber fans wish Wheels the best and hope he lands on his feet somewhere.

And I also agree with mtgrizrule and Griz1, I am very much indeed looking forward to watching Bolomboy this upcoming season.

Back