• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber....

These teams are in and Weber is better...

20-12 Northeastern
19-12 Charlston Southern
19-13 Niagra
18-15 Washington
18-14 stanford
18-14 Indiana State
18-13 St. Joes
17-14 Providence
16-15 St. Johns

St Johns has an RPI of 95 (Weber is 85)... they are 16-15, and couldn't even manage to finish .500 in their conference yet they got an NIT bid...of course Minnesota is in the NCAA tournament and they were 8-10 in conference & lost 11 of their last 16 games...

Lots of teams in the NIT that had worse RPI ratings than Weber and that don't deserve to be in the NIT as much as Weber does. They really got screwed... apparently teams from big conferences can have shitty seasons, finish near the bottom of their conference, and still get rewarded for it with a well known postseason tournament.

This game is rigged, man. We're like them little bitches on the chess board...
6a00d83451960269e2016306b6f1c9970d-800wi

Not suprising, we had just about the same record, the same RPI and Damian Lillard and didnt get an NIT bid last year.

The NIT has become a glamour tournament

We will be playing in the CIT though at home Wednesday vs Cal Poly

WILDCATFAN said:
Not suprising, we had just about the same record, the same RPI and Damian Lillard and didnt get an NIT bid last year.

The NIT has become a glamour tournament

We will be playing in the CIT though at home Wednesday vs Cal Poly

Hope you do some damage. NIT is a tournament of name recognition also-rans.

I think it is an atrocity that Weber gets ignored by the NIT for a couple of reasons.

The first is they are better than a lot of the teams that were selected and secondly they will draw better than a lot of those teams. The NIT is a "money-driven tournament" and the crowd they would get should have been considered by the NIT committee of which most members don't know there is basketball west of the Mississippi. Weber is a high quality program with great facilities, great fans, a tremendous coach and very good players.

Look for them to make some noise in the CIT. Cal Poly beat UCLA at UCLA this year so it will be a good game but I hope Weber puts it on them. Sometimes after a disappointing loss teams have a rough time getting up for what seems to be a meaningless game to them. However after a win they rekindle the fire and start competing again. Go Weber we are strongly behind you.

JAKEweezy93 said:
weber should decline this invitation so they dont get blown out the gym. they do not belong in ANY post season and there not helping the image of the big sky by getting emberassed in these stupid tourneys
Weezy you make as much sense as what you look like, stupid. :idea:

North Dakota also in the CIT and will play at Northern Iowa.

http://bigskyconf.com/news/2013/3/18/MBB_0318133141.aspx
Big Sky Conference men's basketball runner-up Weber State and North Dakota will continue their seasons in the CollegeInsider.com Tournament.

Both teams were selected for the 32-team field after the announcements of the NCAA and NIT Fields. With a 26-6 record, Weber State was hoping for a trip to the NIT, but has to settle for a CIT appearance for the second straight season.

Weber State will play host to Cal Poly on Wednesday night at the Dee Events Center in Ogden. Tip will be at 8 p.m. Mountain. Cal Poly, an affiliate member in the Big Sky for football, plays basketball in the Big West. The Mustangs are 18-13.

North Dakota (16-16) will travel to Northern Iowa (18-14) of the Missouri Valley Conference on Tuesday. Tip is at 6 p.m. North Dakota coach Brian Jones played at Northern Iowa, while Northern Iowa coach Ben Jacobson is a UND alum.

North Dakota is playing in in the CIT for the third straight season. The last two seasons, North Dakota qualified by winning the Great West Championship.

All Times EST
TUESDAY, MARCH 19
Eastern Kentucky (24-9) @ Gardner Webb (21-12) 7:00 pm
Fairfield (19-15) @ Kent State (20-13) 7:00 pm
Savannah State (19-14) @ East Carolina (18-12) 7:00 pm
Rider (18-14) @ Hartford (17-13) 7:00 pm
Oakland (16-16) @ Youngstown State (17-15) 7:05 pm
Boston University (17-12) @ Loyola MD (21-11) 7:30 pm
Tennessee State (18-14) @ Evansville (18-14) 8:00 pm
North Dakota (16-16) @ Northern Iowa (18-14) 8:00 pm
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 20
Elon (21-11) @ Canisius (18-13) 7:00 pm
Green Bay (18-15) @ Bradley (16-16) 8:00 pm
South Alabama (17-12) @ Tulane (19-14) 8:00 pm
Chicago State (11-21) @ Illinois-Chicago (17-15) 8:00 pm
Oral Roberts (18-14) @ UT Arlington (19-13) 8:30 pm
High Point (17-13) @ UC Irvine (20-15) 10:00 pm
Cal Poly (18-13) @ Weber State (26-6) 10:00 pm
Air Force (17-13) @ Hawaii (17-14) 12:00 am

Griz1 said:
I think it is an atrocity that Weber gets ignored by the NIT for a couple of reasons.

The first is they are better than a lot of the teams that were selected and secondly they will draw better than a lot of those teams. The NIT is a "money-driven tournament" and the crowd they would get should have been considered by the NIT committee of which most members don't know their is basketball west of the Mississippi. Weber is a high quality program with great facilities, great fans, a tremendous coach and very good players.

Look for them to make some noise in the CIT. Cal Poly beat UCLA at UCLA this year so it will be a good game but I hope Weber puts it on them. Sometimes after a disappointing loss teams have a rough time getting up for what seems to be a meaningless game to them. However after a win they rekindle the fire and start competing again. Go Weber we are strongly behind you.

Nobody cares about these tournaments, NIT included We played Cincy & SDSU with the Auto bids to NIT the last few years, they were just as meaningless as the CIT the last 2 seasons. Rahe should have declined this seasons CIT.

The Griz are in the only tournament that matters. I hope they can give Orange a game. Go Griz

I like the CIT tournament, thought it was a good field when the Griz played in it 2 years ago. Hopefully Weber and UND can make a run and gain some respect for the Big Sky.

Zootown Rox said:
I like the CIT tournament, thought it was a good field when the Griz played in it 2 years ago. Hopefully Weber and UND can make a run and gain some respect for the Big Sky.

Nobody cares, nobody will be watching, & the attendance will Suck.

No Respect to be garnered for such a sham of a tournament.

The only way for Big Sky to gain any is for Griz to give Orange a game. Go Griz

Zootown Rox said:

I agree with you Zootown Rox. I would think fans in the Big Sky will be very interested in how Weber and North Dakota do.

I think WSUnPurple is obviously disappointed with Weber' loss but these games are not meaningless. It provides Weber with more practices and more tournament experience which would bode well for next year. Most coaches would accept the invitation for those reasons alone.

Back