• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber State @ Montana

So did Northern Colorado... and SFA...

We have no excuse to not beat them by 20+. God knows our defense has practiced against that offense enough

no concerns as msu AT weber pulled away by 18..Weber lost by at at least 21 in every road game... So on senior day NO concerns

pussycatkillerz said:
It concerns me this team took the cats down to the wire.

Any thoughts?

pussycatkillerz said:
It concerns me this team took the cats down to the wire.

Any thoughts?

This should be no contest! The Griz are coming home for the last regular season game for these seniors. The Big Sky is much tougher this year, but Weber St. is not!

Final Score

Griz 59
Weber 17

Serious questions. How long did it take the Griz to start showing vast improvement after Pflu's offense was implemented? What did the end of his first season look like compared to the beginning? How would it have looked it Roper wasn't running that offense.

I would venture the answer to those questions will be an indicator of how this game will go. I expect the Griz will win and maybe comfortably, but Weber has a whole bunch of new players buying into a new system. And as much as the Griz have practiced against Pflu's offense, Pflu also knows the Griz defense. So I don't think it will be as big of a blowout as everyone thinks.

I hope we don't look past this team. With that said I would think we should come out of it with a good win. It would be great if we could some people out early(JJ) to get a bit of a rest.
42-17 Montana wins to go 9-2 heading into bozeman.
Go Griz!!

Pin2Win said:
Serious questions. How long did it take the Griz to start showing vast improvement after Pflu's offense was implemented? What did the end of his first season look like compared to the beginning? How would it have looked it Roper wasn't running that offense.

Funny you ask, I pulled the stats quickly and put them in a chart, comparing UM 2010 to Weber 2013. Some similarities but each team shows a different finishing trend. Busy chart here, I took the total yards of each team per game and put them on a chart, then I put a linear trend line for each. You'll see Montana's gradually got lower while Weber's has been improving.

UMvsWeb_zpsc1dcbc67.jpg

The difference I believe is that the 2010 Grizzlies had a fairly good defense that allowed just 290 yards per game on average over the course of the whole season. Meanwhile Weber's defense this year is allowing an AVERAGE of 503 yards per game.

What concerns me is that Weber's offense is clearly getting better (the big spike in the chart on week 8 is the MSU game. That helped them build confidence and the last two games they've had respectable totals in yardage. It suggests their offense is starting to "get it".

BWahlberg said:
What concerns me is that Weber's offense is clearly getting better (the big spike in the chart on week 8 is the MSU game. That helped them build confidence and the last two games they've had respectable totals in yardage. It suggests their offense is starting to "get it".

ugghhh
I cannot take another one of these games like the last three. lol

At the end of the day I have to admit close wins can be a lot of fun.

What else in your life gets your heart going like a down to the wire Griz game?
Last week I found myself involuntarily standing on my dads couch screaming so loud I physically hurt my throat and head during Henderson's return.

This is some top shelf entertainment. :thumb:

BWahlberg said:
The difference I believe is that the 2010 Grizzlies had a fairly good defense that allowed just 290 yards per game on average over the course of the whole season. Meanwhile Weber's defense this year is allowing an AVERAGE of 503 yards per game.

Doesn't that seem like a million years ago? :shock: :shock:

Grizzlies1982 said:
Htowngriz said:
Anyone truly worried about this game is nuts. :twocents:

Probably true, yet anyone who counts a win before the game is played is a fool. :ugeek:

I agree. Regardless of the opponent, the process should be -- practice hard, prepare thoroughly, never assume anything and show your opponent some respect. That being said, once the opening kick off is in the air, I hope the Griz spend the next 3.5 hours showing Weber State the door.

Back