• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Wearing Griz Colors

GottaluvGriz

DONOR
I just got home from the Billings Strawberry Festival. It is the kickoff of the season for the Farmer's markets this season. Depending on weather, it can draw 15,000+ on a good Saturday to downtown Billings.
Anyway, I was impressed with the number of Griz fans wearing their colors downtown today. There must have been 10+ griz fans to every one Bobcat fan wearing colors downtown Billings today.
A friend of mine commented that you couldn't swing a dead cat, (pun intneded) without hitting a Griz fan downtown today. Griz nation out in full force.
Go Griz! :clap:

I live in San Antonio now. If I wear Griz colors, I get mistaken for a Texas A&M fan. If I wear OLD Griz colors, I get mistaken for a University of Texas fan....fuck 'em.

AZGrizFan said:
I live in San Antonio now. If I wear Griz colors, I get mistaken for a Texas A&M fan. If I wear OLD Griz colors, I get mistaken for a University of Texas fan....f*** 'em.

haha I'm down in Houston, and I get the exact same thing! I do get a few "Go Griz" from people every now and then.

I don't doubt you, there are a lot of Griz fans in Billings. But I might add that the whole color scheme goes well with strawberries... as they are both shades of red. I don't actually think that the number of Griz fans are on the rise, in fact due to the huge drop in new Freshman at UM I would probably say it's dropping. That does not however account for the older generation, and as Billings is generally a town of middle-aged people, that would make sense.

bozely said:
I don't doubt you, there are a lot of Griz fans in Billings. But I might add that the whole color scheme goes well with strawberries... as they are both shades of red. I don't actually think that the number of Griz fans are on the rise, in fact due to the huge drop in new Freshman at UM I would probably say it's dropping. That does not however account for the older generation, and as Billings is generally a town of middle-aged people, that would make sense.

On my side of the fence, whenever I go East I ALWAYS get mistaken for a Michigan fan.

bozely said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the attire report from the billings strawberry festival. I know I was wondering what people would be wearing. Thanks to your report, we'll all be able to sleep soundly tonight.

AZGrizFan said:
I live in San Antonio now. If I wear Griz colors, I get mistaken for a Texas A&M fan. If I wear OLD Griz colors, I get mistaken for a University of Texas fan....fuck 'em.
That's the spirit! Love the license plate too, Big Guy!

bozely said:
You are making all kinds of assumptions in this post based on nothing.

kemajic said:
bozely said:
You are making all kinds of assumptions in this post based on nothing.
Isn't that the foundation that egriz was and is built upon?

GottaluvGriz said:
I just got home from the Billings Strawberry Festival. It is the kickoff of the season for the Farmer's markets this season. Depending on weather, it can draw 15,000+ on a good Saturday to downtown Billings.
Anyway, I was impressed with the number of Griz fans wearing their colors downtown today. There must have been 10+ griz fans to every one Bobcat fan wearing colors downtown Billings today.
A friend of mine commented that you couldn't swing a dead cat, (pun intneded) without hitting a Griz fan downtown today. Griz nation out in full force.

:lol: :lol: You went to a granola festival and saw more fizz fans, go figure :thumb:

I had my Griz shirt on at the strawberry festival today. It was a good time. Fricken busy.

I used the outhouse last year at the bucking horse sale. The toilet paper was Bobcan't colors. I wiped my arse with it.

Cats2506 said:
GottaluvGriz said:

:lol: :lol: You went to a granola festival and saw more fizz fans, go figure :thumb:
You are not familiar with what the Strawberry Festival is if you think it is a granola festival... Great Family day outing.
I go every year and have enjoyed seeing it grow into what it is now.
Anyway, lots of Proud Griz fans in and around Billings. Not sure if it is because the Montana/Wyoming all-star games are in town too, but Griz colors everywhere. :D

GottaluvGriz said:
Cats2506 said:
GottaluvGriz said:

You are not familiar with what the Strawberry Festival is if you think it is a granola festival... Great Family day outing.
Anyway, lots of Proud Griz fans in and around Billings. Not sure if it is because the Montana/Wyoming all-star games are in town too, but Griz colors everywhere. :D

Oh c'mon, anything like that is the present day equivalent to a granola festival, let me guess, farmers market, "natural", "organic" foods and lots of artsy bullshit scattered throughout.

It was a good day for gopher hunting, that is a good family activity. :thumb:

Cats2506 said:
GottaluvGriz said:
Cats2506 said:
GottaluvGriz said:

Oh c'mon, anything like that how was the wine festival last night? is the present day equivalent to a granola festival, let me guess, farmers market, "natural", "organic" foods and lots of artsy bullshit scattered throughout.

It was a good day for gopher hunting, that is a good family activity. :thumb:[/quote
You forgot to add all the food booths. Probably a third of the event is various foods from ethnic to American to deserts, and of course all types of Strawberries.
I shot all the gophers out around my home from my back deck years ago. I must admit it was good family fun.
Just thought it interesting today that at this south central Montana event (150 miles from bobcat land) the place was over run with proud Griz fans. I think many are excited for the upcoming season.

In my short 4 weeks of being in Billings, Griz colors dominate. This town just isn't for pu$$ies. It's Griz Country.

Ursa Major said:
AZGrizFan said:
That's the spirit! Love the license plate too, Big Guy!
\ :lol:

Like I said: Fuck 'em! :thumb: :thumb:

Latest posts

Back