• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

We should be embarassed

ordigger

DONOR
Absolutely ridiculous people this week, even by Egriz standards. Sure this is a bulletin board and all, but personal attacks have gotten totally out of hand. Friendly smack is one thing but what has taken place on this board this week should be a black eye for everyone.

The most amazing thing is that Grizzly fans are considered among the best in the country. Go to a game in Missoula and its an experience you'll never forget. The reverse is becoming obvious on this bulletin board. We are among the worse fans in the country compared to countless other boards. When there is no opponent to take on, we attack each other.

First impressions are important, and egriz on many levels is just that. The average fan is not here, and strangely many people who act like idiots here are actually pretty cool in person. There can be, and should be a high road. There is no place for personal attacks, and talking about serious things like rape and murder in "joking" manner, especially after what we all saw in the last year.

Ownership and the mods need to step up, and take a bit more control because its embarrassing for all. The banter by Griz fans completely feeds into the Cat/Eagle fans...we truly are becoming envious of them it seems.

Flame away....I wont be back the rest of this week.

I'm sorry I disappointed you by defending myself against UnderDog's jokes about raping my 18-month-old daughter. You'll note that these posts are no longer visible here. I'm sure you would have never done anything like I did.

ordigger said:
Absolutely ridiculous people this week, even by Egriz standards. Sure this is a bulletin board and all, but personal attacks have gotten totally out of hand. Friendly smack is one thing but what has taken place on this board this week should be a black eye for everyone.

This.

ordigger said:
Ownership and the mods need to step up, and take a bit more control because its embarrassing for all. The banter by Griz fans completely feeds into the Cat/Eagle fans...we truly are becoming envious of them it seems.

We took care of everything that was reported. I don't read every thread, not even close, and as one of the more active mods here, unless it's reported, I don't see it.

iCB38HwreYpiF.gif

Lighten up fellas!

Completely agree with the OP. I thought maybe there could be some good natured smack but this is out of control on both sides. Eagle fans started getting dirty early and Griz Fans kept feeding the dumb trolls until it got way out of hand. I in NO WAY CONDONE WHAT WAS SAID ABOUT SEVERAL POSTERS FAMILIES. The anger level felt real and I kept thinking I hope none of these people ever meet face to face or someone is going to get killed. Just step back from the edge everyone and take a deep breath. It is just football.

This board is becoming extremely hard for me to read...and I'm a vulgar student. :?

I avoid threads that are blatantly aggressive; however, even the threads just about football and sizing up the competition are becoming wrought with filth.

I feel like most posters on here are possibly hormone-enraged teenagers.

RayWill said:
Completely agree with the OP. I thought maybe there could be some good natured smack but this is out of control on both sides. Eagle fans started getting dirty early and Griz Fans kept feeding the dumb trolls until it got way out of hand. I in NO WAY CONDONE WHAT WAS SAID ABOUT SEVERAL POSTERS FAMILIES. The anger level felt real and I kept thinking I hope none of these people ever meet face to face or someone is going to get killed. Just step back from the edge everyone and take a deep breath. It is just football.

Haha! I though it was all good-natured the whole time except for two posts by UnderDog. Other'n that, it was pretty light-hearted.

All Eastern Washington fans are welcome to come by Reinell30's tailgate for beverage and real "Football talk." We are in lot "M". Easy to find with carved mascots and good music playing in the back of the truck. Come by and say hello!

RayWill said:
I have a friend here, in LA that found this site and told me about it a few years ago. He told me of a former message board run by the Bookstore at UM where death threats were made, fights arranged in bars, kids stalked on campus and worse. He avoids everything to to do with UM as a result. Personally, I am repulsed by the racism, and all the rest of the crap read here but I have to assume it is mostly posted from very immature and very young or simply addled minds. Most of the UM grads I have met over the years are not represented on this board, very often.

CDAGRIZ said:
RayWill said:

Haha! I though it was all good-natured the whole time except for two posts by UnderDog. Other'n that, it was pretty light-hearted.

Yeah it started out that way and then went dirty after those two posts just got out of hand after that

:clap: Agreed 100% ordigger. The name calling, "rape" jokes and personal attacks that get thrown around here is getting very old. It needs to stop.

ordigger said:

The most amazing thing is that Grizzly fans are considered among the best in the country. Go to a game in Missoula and its an experience you'll never forget. The reverse is becoming obvious on this bulletin board. We are among the worse fans in the country compared to countless other boards. When there is no opponent to take on, we attack each other.

First impressions are important, and egriz on many levels is just that. The average fan is not here, and strangely many people who act like idiots here are actually pretty cool in person. There can be, and should be a high road. There is no place for personal attacks, and talking about serious things like rape and murder in "joking" manner, especially after what we all saw in the last year.

I agree with the post Oredigger, but I am also an advocate of free speech. Censoring is not welcome in my world unless someone is threatened and their identity is known (BW is an example). Is the banter back and forth classless - certainly, but EWU fans should expect hostility coming on the egriz board with the comments they made. Can we up our level of intelligent discussion on the board? I think so and I am certainly guilty of being a bad boy now and then with my comments. I will aspire to be better after this post. So - since this is my last dog house post, I hope we kick the living dog shit out of EWU and do it with class in a clean game. Go Griz!!

Copper Griz said:
ordigger said:

I agree with the post Oredigger, but I am also an advocate of free speech. Censoring is not welcome in my world unless someone is threatened and their identity is known (BW is an example). Is the banter back and forth classless - certainly, but EWU fans should expect hostility coming on the egriz board with the comments they made. Can we up our level of intelligent discussion on the board? I think so and I am certainly guilty of being a bad boy now and then with my comments. I will aspire to be better after this post. So - since this is my last dog house post, I hope we kick the living dog shit out of EWU and do it with class in a clean game. Go Griz!!

Sell out..

Well, "free speech" has been pretty abused on the internet thanks to the cloak of anomynity

I've said it before, but eGriz is long overdue for some major lockdown

Back