• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

We just got our asses handed to us in the 3rd Quarter.

How about no adjustments? We haven't done anything different then the first half. The biggest change has been the Cat defense starting to stop the our O (minus Ochs being out). This has been the biggest complaint of mine all season. We seem to do the same 'ol after half, trying to wear down the D. Not working at this point.

You're right about the lack of adjustments, but if my memory serves me correctly, they had less than 50 yards total offense in the 1st half, so my question is why would the Griz make adjustments? The Cats made the halftime adjustments (particularly for the 3rd Quarter) and we didn't make the on-field adjustments to counter their's.

Just a thought .......... and as Shakermaker eluded to, we seemed flat.

true, we seemed to lack fire.

But in regard to adjustments actually, i noticed some on defense.

We went with less pressure and it seems clear the D was not being schemed to "contain" lulay.

I wasn't impressed with the 3 down-lineman look on defense.

On offense it was pretty simple. the Cats adjusted to the run properly and the Griz weren't ready to take advantage of what that opened up, that being the short and intermediate passing game, as it seems there were very few if any plays that did that.

I guess 'adjustments' wasn't the right word. What I meant is in the 3rd quarter the playcalling seemed to be the same, giving the adjustments (correct this time? <G>) that the sCats made successful. My observation has been that when the Griz decide to mix it up, it's late in the 3rd or 4th.

Granted, this position (mine) is hard to defend when a team is 9-3. So, let me say that my post made more sense when I posted it then it does posted now...posted.

Cheers.

GrizMania said:
true, we seemed to lack fire.

But in regard to adjustments actually, i noticed some on defense.

We went with less pressure and it seems clear the D was not being schemed to "contain" lulay.

I wasn't impressed with the 3 down-lineman look on defense.

On offense it was pretty simple. the Cats adjusted to the run properly and the Griz weren't ready to take advantage of what that opened up, that being the short and intermediate passing game, as it seems there were very few if any plays that did that.

Man Mania....I am with you again.....do you have ESP.........N? :wink:

I HATE the 30 look! We did not adjust at all. You can only run the ball so many times right at a good D before they adjust to stop it. When they do, you need to adjust to take advantage of their adjustment......it is chess.... and we went out check and MATE!

MAKES ME SICK. :puke:

Did some of them illicit Bozeman drugs slip into the Cubbies locker room at halftime??? Cause it sure did appear that they was a sleep walkin through that entire 3rd quarter. The effect appeared to wear off about half way through the 4th, but it was too little, too late by then. But you are still in the playoffs and anything can happen.

Latest posts

Back