• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

We don't need the BOO Birds (nerds)

lotsa

We saw it last week and again today. I understand the frustration with play calling and not being in control but booing our own team/coaches should not be condoned.

Those of us that sat in Dornblaser and through a lot of bad years have a little different perspective than those who came on late, know nothing but winning and expect a show and a win for the high price of tickets. Whether its understandable or not, we don't need to boo our own team and we should stop it when and where we see it.

Whatever problems we have can be dealt with and resolved after the game. Between the lines we are all Griz.

lotsa said:
We saw it last week and again today. I understand the frustration with play calling and not being in control but booing our own team/coaches should not be condoned.

Those of us that sat in Dornblaser and through a lot of bad years have a little different perspective than those who came on late, know nothing but winning and expect a show and a win for the high price of tickets. Whether its understandable or not, we don't need to boo our own team and we should stop it when and where we see it.

Whatever problems we have can be dealt with and resolved after the game. Between the lines we are all Griz.
Well said :thumb:

lotsa said:

I'd boo the coaches too when they're making bonehead calls on 3rd and 12 (running the ball). I get what you're saying though, but the boo birds are more directed at the play calling, and in no way directed at the team.

Tell the kids that and how to know the difference. Its black and white---we are the program and we all can have our opinions and concerns but we need to support the team on the field and make the changes when and where we can.

I hate the way we inexplicably cannot run concessions, either at football or basketball games, and have dropped the ball unbelievably on that for a decade--but I don't go yell at the students working behind the counter. Same thing.

get'em_griz said:
lotsa said:

I'd boo the coaches too when they're making bonehead calls on 3rd and 12 (running the ball). I get what you're saying though, but the boo birds are more directed at the play calling, and in no way directed at the team.

Aren't the coaches and play calling an integral part of the team?

The players know who it's directed at and I will guarantee they were thinking Wtf too on the series at the beginning of the second day half when people booed. The fans cheer like hell for a win and for an exciting game.... If the paid coaches don't perform the paying fans can boo if they want IMO. To call it an embarrasment when it happens in every stadium in America is a bit melodramatic.

grizd said:
The players know who it's directed at and I will guarantee they were thinking Wtf too on the series at the beginning of the second day half when people booed. The fans cheer like hell for a win and for an exciting game.... If the paid coaches don't perform the paying fans can boo if they want IMO. To call it an embarrasment when it happens in every stadium in America is a bit melodramatic.

It doesn't happen at every stadium in America.

PlayerRep said:
grizd said:

It doesn't happen at every stadium in America.

Uhhhh okay. It does happen anywhere with a passionate fan base. They charge big time football prices so given the series of play calls if the fans want to boo the coaching staff I don't have a problem with it at all. The team gets unreal support from fans for this level of football. I get tired of people wanting cookie cutter fans. Don't boo, don't stand, don't leave at half time, don't question coaching decisions, don't do the wave, you didn't yell enough. Brother......

lotsa said:

I understand what you are saying, however, no one at Dornblazer was paying $40 to watch the Griz play. Different time, different circumstance. People pay for the right to boo. It may not be right but a fan can do what they wish..doesn't make them a bad fan.

grizd said:

BS. The players don't know the difference. The players practice and prepare to execute these plays all week. When they go bad, they take it personally and the booing only makes it worse. Do you really think they are going to agree with booing fans who know very little about the game opposed to their coach, who knows a lot more and with whom they spend long hours with preparing? I can guarantee you that players do not want to hear fans complaining about coaching and play calling and they certainly don't appreciate any sort of booing.

HighLineGRIZ said:
grizd said:

BS. The players don't know the difference. The players practice and prepare to execute these plays all week. When they go bad, they take it personally and the booing only makes it worse. Do you really think they are going to agree with booing fans who know very little about the game opposed to their coach, who knows a lot more and with whom they spend long hours with preparing? I can guarantee you that players do not want to hear fans complaining about coaching and play calling and they certainly don't appreciate any sort of booing.
Well said.... It was uncalled for...period..

HighLineGRIZ said:
grizd said:

Good post. To boo during an important FCS game when your 6-1 team is still completely in the game, is truly unbelievable. The definition of bad and unknowledgeable fans. The team was struggling. It needed huge support. Instead it got a not insignificant amount of boos.

The argument that a fan who paid $40 for his ticket, or pays state taxes, gives the fan some additional right to boo or criticize, makes me laugh. If anyone boos around me, I can guarantee that they will and have heard from me.

Booing is no different than a player being unsportsmanlike during the game in my eyes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Robsnotes4u said:
Booing is no different than a player being unsportsmanlike during the game in my eyes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's completely different. Not even in the same ballpark.

Back