• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Watch possible future Griz live on TV

Downwiththefoe

DONOR
for those who cannot get enough football

FoxSports is carrying the two Washington state state championships AAAA & AAA

they are also carrying the Oregon AAA & AA championships today.

gotta be a few new potential griz coming off of those teams.....and there are some Pac-10/D1-A caliber players. in the game I am told (By little Bro is a H.S. coach in Washington State)

Keep an eye I am told on Pasco, WA QB..

possible Pac-10 but I heard he is Looking at EWU U of I and our beloved Griz!

Pasco has been in the State title game like several times the bast decade....

Go Griz!

Watched the Bellevue(sp?)-O'Dea game last night. I forget the score already, but Bellevue won. 3-time defending champs now. Nice.

A stat the color guys mentioned that surprised me.....Bellevue, in their 3 title years have completed 2 of 4 pass attempts. With no pass attempts this year.

EWU has been grazing on Pasco kids for a while now. Their second string QB, Skyler Allen, is a Pasco kid, I beleive. But they now have Myer, Allen and a transfer from Oregon - I think Peerboom is the transfer, though it isn't listed as a tr on their roster. If things are too stacked, maybe the Griz get lucky with in Pasco, but you have to think that UI's new coach, the Vandals preferrence to pass and their future membership in the WAC levels the playing field.

griz4life said:
EWU has been grazing on Pasco kids for a while now. Their second string QB, Skyler Allen, is a Pasco kid, I beleive. But they now have Myer, Allen and a transfer from Oregon - I think Peerboom is the transfer, though it isn't listed as a tr on their roster. If things are too stacked, maybe the Griz get lucky with in Pasco, but you have to think that UI's new coach, the Vandals preferrence to pass and their future membership in the WAC levels the playing field.

good point

the WR's may be of interest as well....as they are a very pass happy program. There team motto

Run the ball....whatta ya mean....what's that?

:D

Go Griz!

I love having all the Sports channels. I am watching the 3A oregon game now. keep an eye out for Tyler Coleman wr. about 6-1 great hands and plenty of game speed, but no 40 time given.

The rb on the same team(Marist i think they are) is quick, and sounds like he's headed to 1-a. Morris is his last name, younger brother to the Morris from the Seahawks.

BTW, with all these channels i can see state championships from all over the country. the Florida and Texas games are usually like watching a 1-aa game.

Idaho has not been invited to the WAC at this time. Only Ut. St and N. M.St have been asked to join. That may change as Boise St wants into the MWC as well as Fresno and Hawaii.

The WAC will change, Bobaloo. The UI admin I know expect to have an invite by the end of next year.

The Griz need to get in the same conference with Hawai'i!!!!

I was watching the BSU/Hawai'i game and thinking....man that would be a great excuse for going to Hawai'i every other year. And we should schedule them late in the year. That way, we would get a break from the cold one year....and get to watch the Hawaian kids in the freezing cold the next! Tell me that wouldn't be fun. :lol:

Ok, so I got to watch parts of all 4 of those games... and all of the Pasco/Ballard game. Lots of future Griz talent to be had there if we have a few extra scholarships.

I can see why the Griz wanted that QB from Ballard. he reminds me in looks and ability, and potential to the On/Off again starting QB for Oregon (Jason Fife I believe is his name)

Surprised he is going to WSU. They are always recruiting tons of QB's... and have a good stable already, and are recruiting others.

The QB from Pasco is raw, but all the potential int he World - actually reminds me of Watching Keagal in the state championship in Hamilton many years ago....but more talent than Keagal.

He will end up in a D-1 program....hopefully 1-AA in Missoula :lol:

lots of other players that caught my eye....the WR for pasco ( small kid named Morgan I think) would be a perfect fit for our program....prototype Griz reciever, and if Dave Spray who has ran the Pasco offense for the last decade says he can play anywhere....he can.

my bet with the Pasco/EWU ties there...I fear we will see him at Cheney the next 4 years.

anyone else catch these games?

My alma mater got beat in the B-11 championship....one of 3 Washington kids to ever pass for 10K yards got knocked out with a leg injury.

Lindgren also did it...also from DeSales.

oh well....gotta run.

GO GRIZ!

The Pasco QB Roby Clyde is 6'5 215 and is pretty raw. He's also pretty Mormon. I was told he is going to do his mission so who knows where he'll end up(grades are also an issue). EWU may not take a QB this year. Meyer, Allen(who may go to WR) and Peerbloom(who may be the best of the three) along with Rice are set. Peerbloom is from Oregon and redshirted last year. The Oregon(UO) transfer hung in there up until the season started and when he learned he may not play, much less start, he left.

i watched that game. I'd be surprised if the Griz went after the PAsco QB. he's not accurate and with his throwing % for the year it seems like this game wasn't an anomoly. he runs well though for a tall kid.

the best player on the field that wasn't a skills player was #98 for pasco. he was a DT and was great. I have to think he's getting looks by 1-a schools, but he might be light for their tastes.

cole morgan has potential, but i've read that the other qbs at wsu are easily as good as he and the current starter will be there a while.

Cole...its not too late to change your mind. :D

yeah. in fact there are many who play with that condition. if they and the coaches know they have asthma it can be delt with. the scary thing is when a player isn't fully aware that he/she has asthma and an incident occurs.

#98 is Eric Mattox who plays DE. He's 6'3 215 and his Dad is big. He does have asthma and it doesn't effect his play..even on the basketball court.

Back