• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Visits, Recruiting, etc.

Sudzilla

Griz are hosting a few high school seniors from Montana, Idaho, and Washington today. This is new deal the staff is trying out, called "Senior Day". Invited these kids to campus (voluntarily of course), tour the facilities, and play pick-up with the team. Might get a walk-on out of it?

3 OFFICIAL visits this weekend. A wing and 2 big men. JC kids that are ready to step in and contribute right away.

More later.

Just saw a tweet that the Griz were looking at Dane Muller out of Skyview as a walk-on. Kid is a freak athlete. Has let emotions get the best of him sometimes. There were issues at Billings West, but I think that stemmed from a brother/coach matter.

Just saw a tweet that Chris Kemp 6'7" 240 forward from a Texas JC has signed with the Griz.

info said:
Just saw a tweet that Chris Kemp 6'7" 240 forward from a Texas JC has signed with the Griz.

Shawn Kemps son!

I actually have no idea but that would be cool.

BDizzle said:
info said:

Shawn Kemps son!

I actually have no idea but that would be cool.

As of 1998, Kemp had fathered at least 7 children. This number is alleged to be even higher, resulting in Kemp being an easy target for commentators' jokes

It's more likely than not!! :lol:

SWeberCat02 said:
Sudzilla said:
Griz are hosting a Pac 12 transfer next week. 6' 9" post..
Angelo Chol, 6-9, PF, Soph., Arizona?
I am assuming a D1 transfer would have to sit out a year. Chol does have a redshirt year still available.

If it is Chol and if he does transfer to The Griz, that would be amazing.

He was a top 100 high school recruit and blocked the second most shots in US HS history.

grizindabox said:
GrizWhiz said:
SWeberCat02 said:
Sudzilla said:
Griz are hosting a Pac 12 transfer next week. 6' 9" post..
Angelo Chol, 6-9, PF, Soph., Arizona?
I am assuming a D1 transfer would have to sit out a year. Chol does have a redshirt year still available.

You would be correct on both counts

This, I am excited about, "GET IT DONE"!!!!!!

If anyone knows Angelo, put a great word in for the GRIZ. If someone gets him to read egriz, let's get the encouragement going here. :thumb:

Kayla Anderson, who is now a sports reporter in AZ, tweeted that he was interested in SDSU.

grizindabox said:
BDizzle said:
Kayla Anderson, who is now a sports reporter in AZ, tweeted that he was interested in SDSU.

He went to high school in the San Diego area.
I'm not sure that San Diego State is the ideal destination for a guy looking for more playing time. They were a seven seed in the NCAAs. Cal was a twelve seed. Of course, I am engaging in wishful thinking too. :)

Back