• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Van Ackeren

bigkid

DONOR
I was really excited when this kid transferred. Any word on how he is doing? Playing safety or linebacker? He seems like a kid that will really excel. My apologys if already discussed but I've been away.
Go Griz!!

Article by Fritz Neighbor said he's "getting a look at linebacker". That makes sense I guess since the Griz are loaded with great safeties who pretty much shutdown opponent's passing games last year. Oh wait.....

granitegriz said:
They better give him a second look at safety and a third and fourth look.

If the coaches feel they have better options at safety, this kid must really suck.

Griz2k said:
granitegriz said:

If the coaches feel they have better options at safety, this kid must really suck.
Or else the coaches really suck. Possible.

Or *GASP* our safeties may have actually improved.

I know most of you think that's impossible, though. :roll:

I was surprised to read that, too. Mr. Van Ackeren hasn't indicated on egriz that his son was playing linebacker.

Griz2k said:
granitegriz said:

The kid can play. Hermanson and Tully must have naked pictures of Delaney or something.

CV Griz Fan said:
Griz2k said:
granitegriz said:

The kid can play. Hermanson and Tully must have naked pictures of Delaney or something.
Nope, the Mickster's standard protocol is dumbfounding. Nothing new here, move along.

I know Kendrick van Ackeren is a versatile athlete, but at a little over 6' and just over 200 lbs, he is a prototype strong safety (D-I-AA) or a prototype free safety (D-I-A). The U of Hawai'i played him at weak side linebacker and he left the U of Hawai'i to play safety at the U of Montana.

Now, the U of M coaching staff is "giving him a look at linebacker." Kendrick could have stayed @ the University of Hawai'i and played Division I-A football if he was going to play weak-side linebacker. He could have sat out a year and played safety at the Pac-12 level or went to Eastern Washington University; he still can.

The business of collegiate athletics works both ways. I heard the Huskies and Cougs need prototype safeties.

Ken Jones said:
At a little over 6' and just over 200 lbs, Kendrick van Ackeren is prototype strong safety (D-I-AA) or free safety (D-I-A), but the U of Hawai'i played him at weak side linebacker. Kendrick left U of Hawai'i to play safety at U of Montana and the coaching staff is "giving him a look at linebacker." Kendrick could have stayed @ the University of Hawai'i and played Division I-A football if he was going to play weak-side linebacker. He could have sat out a year and played safety at Pac-12; he still can.

The business of collegiate athletics works both ways.

Ken, have they been "giving him a look" at linebaker the entire Spring?

Ursa Major said:
Ken Jones said:
At a little over 6' and just over 200 lbs, Kendrick van Ackeren is prototype strong safety (D-I-AA) or free safety (D-I-A), but the U of Hawai'i played him at weak side linebacker. Kendrick left U of Hawai'i to play safety at U of Montana and the coaching staff is "giving him a look at linebacker." Kendrick could have stayed @ the University of Hawai'i and played Division I-A football if he was going to play weak-side linebacker. He could have sat out a year and played safety at Pac-12; he still can.

I am guessing due to injuries, and a lot of safeties, he is at LB. That may not last long, based on how many big plays safeties gave up in the final spring scrimmage tonight. They looked a lot like last year, from what I hear.

mtgrizrule said:
Ursa Major said:
Ken Jones said:

I am guessing due to injuries, and a lot of safeties, he is at LB. That may not last long, based on how many big plays safeties gave up in the final spring scrimmage tonight. They looked a lot like last year, from what I hear.

I hope you're right MGR. It just seems strange looking at this from the outside. We needed safteties and a talented kid ends up in our laps and we move him to LB, where we are so strong.

PlayerRep said:
He was terrific tonight at weak side linebacker. Made multiple nice plays.

He's a versatile athlete; he could play multiple positions and excel @ the collegiate level. But, if he has a shot at the NFL, CFL or both, it'll be at safety.

He left the U of Hawai'i to play safety @ Montana not weak-side linebacker.

Someone should establish a collegiate athlete players association, too many young adults are getting trapped and used by the business of collegiate athletics!

Ken Jones said:
I know Kendrick van Ackeren is a versatile athlete, but at a little over 6' and just over 200 lbs, he is a prototype strong safety (D-I-AA) or a prototype free safety (D-I-A). The U of Hawai'i played him at weak side linebacker and he left the U of Hawai'i to play safety at the U of Montana.

Now, the U of M coaching staff is "giving him a look at linebacker." Kendrick could have stayed @ the University of Hawai'i and played Division I-A football if he was going to play weak-side linebacker. He could have sat out a year and played safety at the Pac-12 level or went to Eastern Washington University; he still can.

The business of collegiate athletics works both ways. I heard the Huskies and Cougs need prototype safeties.

boo fu%$*n hoo. If he does not like his role, then bye. So many whiny biatches all the time.

Latest posts

Back