• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

USA Today/ESPN Poll

HiFlyinEagle

:eek: :lol:
1. MCNEESE ST (26) (9-1) 791 2
2. GA SOUTHERN (2) (9-2) 705 5
3. WESTERN ILL (1) (10-1) 701 4
4. MONTANA (1) (10-1) 685 1
5. EASTERN ILL (1) (8-2) 661 3
6. GRAMBLING (1) (10-1) 658 5
7. FURMAN (7-3) 538 8
8. APPALACHIAN ST (8-3) 536 11
9. MAINE (9-2) 524 12
10. NORTHEASTERN (9-2) 495 10
11. BETHUNE COOKMAN (10-1) 437 14
12. WESTERN KY (8-3) 423 13
13. VILLANOVA (8-3) 406 15
14. NORTHWESTERN ST (8-3) 404 7
15. WOFFORD (8-3) 387 9
16. IDAHO ST (7-3) 290 20
17. PENNSYLVANIA (8-1) 284 18
18. NICHOLLS ST (7-3) 260 19
19. GARDNER WEBB (9-1) 209 21
20. LEHIGH (8-3) 157 23
21. DUQUESNE (11-0) 132 25
22. EASTERN KY (7-4) 119 24
23. WILLIAM & MARY (6-4) 90 16
24. MASSACHUSETTS (7-4) 80 17
25. FORDHAM (8-2)

grizpack said:
Sports Network still has UM as the number 2 seed IF all goes according to plan.

The playoff selection committee doesn't use these polls when seeding teams for the playoffs anyway.

HiFlyinEagle said:
grizpack said:
Sports Network still has UM as the number 2 seed IF all goes according to plan.

The playoff selection committee doesn't use these polls when seeding teams for the playoffs anyway.

Yep. He's right. To bad for Maine as well, because they don't deserve to be in the top ten... and the committee will seed them as a non top tenner.

It has been a while since I've posted, but I think it is time to jump back into the mix.
First of all, I've seen a lot of GSU, NcNeese etc. team's fans complaining about the Griz being rated number one for so long. WHO the F*** CARES about ratings. In fact I would have prefered the Griz not be rated number one. Being "rated" number one gives opponents extra fuel for the fire. They play up for you when you are number one, because they really have nothing to loose. Sure home field is huge in the playoffs, but winning is what counts.
Second, the Griz have been playing, basically, with next years team. A lot of younger players have stepped up this year when the starters have been hurt. Injurys suck and everyone has them, but it is tough when you loose so many leaders and so much experience. I for one think the Griz can play a hell of a lot better than they have. And even with this young group we can crush the pussy cats and go on to compete for the title. And Griz willing WIN THE F#@$ER.

GO GRIZ....

JahGriz said:
It has been a while since I've posted, but I think it is time to jump back into the mix.
First of all, I've seen a lot of GSU, NcNeese etc. team's fans complaining about the Griz being rated number one for so long. WHO the F*** CARES about ratings. In fact I would have prefered the Griz not be rated number one. Being "rated" number one gives opponents extra fuel for the fire. They play up for you when you are number one, because they really have nothing to loose. Sure home field is huge in the playoffs, but winning is what counts.

Montana has deserved to be rated number one for so long, you were the defending national champions who hadn't lost a game. I work with one of the voters on the Sports Network Poll and he's got the same ideas. Defending national Champ + Undefeated = #1.

that being said, Go Eagles.

That's my belief also. A defending champion should be No. 1 until someone beats them. I don't care how many close calls they had. I'd been just as happy if the Griz hadn't lost and we had gotten the no. 2 seed if we take care of business. A one or two seeding basically works the same.

Latest posts

Back