• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Upset Guesses, Non-BSC (Sept 28)

Where will the upsets come?

• #6 SDSU (3-1) vs #1 NDSU (3-0)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • #9 McNeese (4-0) at #5 N Iowa (3-0)

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • #21 Lehigh (3-0) vs #10 UNH (1-1)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Delaware (3-1) vs #14 JMU (3-1)

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Maine (3-1) at #22 Richmond (2-2)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • E Kentucky (2-2) at #8 E Illinois (3-1)

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

IdaGriz01

Lots of tough matchups among ranked teams, with some very interesting possibilities for upsets. I almost didn’t include the Eastern Kentucky at Eastern Illinois game, but thought a few people might want to really go out on a limb. (Also some interesting matchups in the Big Sky, of course, but not on this thread.)

I think SDSU gives NDSU a good game, but that's the very least likely out of the choices to happen. I picked JMU to lose, just because they might be my least favorite FCS program.

HighLineGRIZ said:
I think SDSU gives NDSU a good game, but that's the very least likely out of the choices to happen. I picked JMU to lose, just because they might be my least favorite FCS program.
I tend to agree on NDSU. And if McNeese were playing at home, I'd give them a pretty good chance for an upset -- not so much on the road.

Grizzlies1982 said:
You betcha, those Bizzzonns are going down. Get to Vegas and bet the farm! :ugeek:

It is setting up good for SDSU and Zenner. Forecast an inch of rain Friday with a high school game played on the field that night. The an 80% chance of rain during the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don't see how this is an advantage to the Jacks. All it does is make already slow players slower.....psssst...... Bison have a running game also.

Yee-ha!
#21 Lehigh over #10 New Hampshire, 34-27.

Only upset so far ... and its the one I voted for. (Even a blind hog ... )

As noted on another thread, NDSU is pulling away, 20-0, in Q4.
Northern Iowa leading 14-0 in Q2.
Lehigh upset UNH 34-27.
Delaware vs JMU later.
Maine leading JMU, 14-13, Q3. **
E. Illinois won 42-7

Not on poll, but EWU losing to SHSU at the half 28-20.

Edit: ** For those who can get it, and would like to watch a more competitive game, the Maine-JMU game is on DirecTV #630.

IdaGriz01 said:
Lehigh upset UNH 34-27.
Delaware vs JMU later.
E. Illinois won 42-7

Edit: ** For those who can get it, and would like to watch a more competitive game, the Maine-JMU game is on DirecTV #630.
So is JMU playing Delaware or Maine?

Fahque said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Lehigh upset UNH 34-27.
Delaware vs JMU later.
E. Illinois won 42-7

So is JMU playing Delaware or Maine?

:oops: :oops: :oops:
JMU vs Delaware (later), Maine still leading Richmond (would have been more, but Maine QB threw a pick in the end-zone.) Comes from typing too fast to get back to the game.

Upset Alert! (Sorta ... it's VERY early.)

Not in the poll ('cause I thought it was too unlikely), but Stony Brook has the early lead, 14-0, over #3 Towson. About 5 min. left in the first quarter. That would shake up the top-ten poll.

IdaGriz01 said:
Upset Alert! (Sorta ... it's VERY early.)

Not in the poll ('cause I thought it was too unlikely), but Stony Brook has the early lead, 14-0, over #3 Towson. About 5 min. left in the first quarter. That would shake up the top-ten poll.

I was wondering if Towson was worthy of the #3 ranking.

Maine into victory formation after a defensive pick (28-21 score). Wonder who will replace Richmond in the next poll? (Not good to lose to an unranked team when you're only #22.)

FWIW, EWU is getting killed ... so if Towson doesn't turn it around (they have plenty of time), #2 and #3 could go down today.

Stony Brook over Towson, 21-10, at the half.

Observation: Monmouth found someone else they could beat: over Colgate 37-14.

Was at the SDSU/NDSU game today; note to self: never trust weather man.....Zenner is still a very good RB; just not against the Bison. In his last three games vs NDSU, he has run for 41, 44, and 4 (yes, I said four) total yards. The negative 17 yards rushing the Jacks had weren't his fault, but rather Summer getting dumped numerous times behind the LOS.

Back