• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Upset Guesses, Non-BSC (Nov 2)

Where will the upsets come?

• #25 SE La (6-2) at #4 McNeese (7-1)

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • #21 Dela. (6-2) at #7 Towson (8-1)

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • W&M (5-3) vs #16 UNH (4-3)

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • E Kent. (5-3) vs #23 Tenn State (7-2)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • NW State (3-5) vs #18 Cent Ark (5-3)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JMU (5-3) vs #20 Villanova (4-4)

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

IdaGriz01

The coming weekend only has two matchups between ranked teams, and it seems like a bunch of the other ranked teams are playing weak-sister opponents: #8 Fordham gets Holy Cross (3-6) at home, #15 Samford goes to Citadel (2-6), and #10 Maine gets Stony Brook (3-4) at home.

Oh well, perhaps there will be some truly unexpected upsets that I don't show here (but I rather doubt it). :lol: :lol:

I called McNeese State win over Sam Houston in a previous poll.
Now I'm calling SE Louisiana over McNeese in this one.

The matchup between Southeast Louisiana and McNeese is interesting because it is for the outright lead in the Southland Conference (both are 3-0 in conference).

It sets up to be another shoot-out. McNeese scores 43.6 points per game (#3 in FCS) while SE La scores 38.3 ppg (#14). Southeast has a better defense, giving up 22.9 ppg (#30), while McNeese gives up 25.6 ppg (#54).

Offensively, both are fairly balanced, with very similar stats: Although both call 60-63% running plays, the run-pass yardage evens out pretty well, with a slight edge for passing: 52-53% passing yards vs 47-48% rushing.

kurtismichael said:
... UNH, meet our friends William and Mary.
I have some hopes that W&M will indeed “upset” New Hampshire.

It is true that UNH has won three straight. However, two of those three wins were at home, and the combined records of those opponents is 10-14, 6-9 in conference. W&M has won two out of its last three games, the one lose being on the road at #10 Maine. The combined records of those three opponents is 16-6, 6-2 in conference. UNH plays tough at home, but it remains to be seen if they can win on the road at W&M.

Somewhat surprised that so many people think Delaware might upset Towson on the Tigers’ home field. Yes, without the loss to a decent Navy (FBS) team, Delaware’s record would be comparable to Towson's. But against two common opponents, Towson won by a combined score of 93-24, while Delaware went 75-51 in those two wins.

Towson also has a healthy lead in both scoring and scoring D. The Tigers average 41.4 points per game scoring, vs 34.3 ppg for Delaware. On D, Towson gives up 21.3 ppg, while Delaware gives up 28.6 ppg. On paper, Towson looks to be about a 2 TD favorite. Toss in home-field advantage, and we might be looking at a 42-24 win for Towson. I like upsets, but I just don’t see this one, unless Towson gives it away.

Who'd a thunk it? :eek:

Every game I put in the poll turned out to be an upset. (Topped by that 22-point 4th quarter comeback by Delaware.) I'm sure that has never happened before.

Back