• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Uofm ranked?

griznation23

If it really matters what rank do the Griz have to be at end of season to have a home game for playoffs. :?:

griznation23 said:
If it really matters what rank do the Griz have to be at end of season to have a home game for playoffs. :?:

Depends, as it is not just by rank in some cases. However, if you're in the top 8 you should have at least one.

With the expansion to 24 teams this year for playoffs, I'm pretty sure the top 8 seeds get first round byes while the other 16 teams duke it out. So those top 8, I would assume, have home field second round games. So the teams seeded 9-16 would likely host a first round game against teams ranked 17-24. Does that sound right?

HookedonGriz said:
With the expansion to 24 teams this year for playoffs, I'm pretty sure the top 8 seeds get first round byes while the other 16 teams duke it out. So those top 8, I would assume, have home field second round games. So the teams seeded 9-16 would likely host a first round game against teams ranked 17-24. Does that sound right?

True, but below 8 I don't believe you actually receive a seed.

I was close but the next 16 bid for games....

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Pioneer League champion will join 10 other conference winners as automatic qualifiers for the Football Championship Subdivision playoffs, beginning in 2013.

The move is part of a plan, approved by the NCAA Division I Championships/Sport Management Cabinet this month, expanding the playoffs from 20 to 24 teams.

The top eight teams will be seeded, receive first-round byes and host second-round games. The 16 other teams will bid to host first-round games.

The 20-year-old Pioneer League is a football-only, non-scholarship league. It has never had an automatic bid, let alone a participant in the playoffs. The Ivy League and the Southwestern Athletic Conference play at the FCS level but choose not to participate in the playoffs. There are 124 FCS teams this year.

grizfan95 said:
griznation23 said:

Depends, as it is not just by rank in some cases. However, if you're in the top 8 you should have at least one.
Thnx for making it clear thnx

grizfan95 said:
griznation23 said:

Just to clarify this a bit more. The seedings for the playoffs are NOT necessarily the same as the ranking in the polls.

The seeding committee is free to use their own criteria, independent of the polls, to determine how to rank the teams. It is often rather close to the polls but almost always slightly different. On occasion it is a significant difference on a team or two. That said, while it guarantees nothing, ending the year ranked high in the polls is helpful. Yet as always the Griz must take care of business and win their games and it will all work out on selection day.
:ugeek:

We should be worrying about Saturday at UCD, who just beat SUU handily on the road. The playoffs will take care of themselves in late November.

kemajic said:
We should be worrying about Saturday at UCD, who just beat SUU handily on the road. The playoffs will take care of themselves in late November.

Capital T Truth.

kemajic said:

+1 One game at a time.

I don't have to worry about UCD. I'm not playing. I have no effect on the outcome of the game.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE love that the sportsnetwork does playoff projections. At least SOMEONE gives a rats ass about the FCS.

havgrizfan said:
I don't have to worry about UCD. I'm not playing. I have no effect on the outcome of the game.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE love that the sportsnetwork does playoff projections. At least SOMEONE gives a rats ass about the FCS.
Did you see his diss to Griz fans this week? haha
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

havgrizfan said:

I agree, I was going to post something along these lines. You beat me to the punch so I will just give you a thumbs up. :thumb: :thumb: ....defiantly nothing wrong with some fans discussing things of this nature.

Grizzly Oredigger said:
havgrizfan said:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its kinda a fun bracket. It conceivably has us playing EWU and NAU or Cats on the way to a NC. Its long LONG way to go. IF we make through the conference, it'll be quite a feat.

Grizzly Oredigger said:
havgrizfan said:

Kinda curious how he will feel when we blast through his "projected" 5 and 6 seeds.

Back