• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

unlv...5-3!

So much for him being back after this season. I know it would not happen anyway, but sure do miss us dominating the conference.

Good for Bobby and his coaching staff, hopefully they can get at least 2 more wins and go to a bowl game!

Good news for Bobby, bad news for "Bring Back Bobby".

That said, I hope he gets a winning season and starts to get that program going somewhere.

Thanks guys. It's been a bit rough, but things are headed in the right direction.

9MalEIv.jpg

I didn't get to watch the second half of the game today, but it looks like the boys rallied and that shows heart. It appears to me that if you want to run "Bobby Ball" (clever, by the way!), you don't have the right athletes for it. Beanbag should know this. There's nothing wrong with running a scripted series, but you have to be able to execute. You guys should be throwing short passes and utilizing those backs into the passing game as well. There's no way you can successfully run Bobby Ball with the talent you have now. Go to the air.
That o-line, whoa, I see a whole lot of standing around while the play is in progress. What's up with that?
I'll have to check my DVR to see what that Griz D did in the second half but giving up deep routes were nasty from what I saw.
Just keep positive up there. There's a lot of football left. Lots of football teams lose on Saturdays. It's just something the Griz have avoided under different leadership. You can complain about coaches all you want, it's an entitlement as a fan, just keep positive with those fine young student athletes.
Bring on the Hornets and let's get back on track! I gotta run and figure out what to do with this fucking cannon.

Rebels beat the Wolf Pack 27-22 Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013 at Mackay Stadium in Reno.

By Taylor Bern Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013 | 9:31 p.m.
... Wolf Pack fans lobbed every known obscenity and a few made-up insults at the players and coaches wearing red. Each one made the Rebels bounce a little higher and scream a little louder as they marched in to celebrate with the heaviest trophy in college football, which is in for a new paint job.

“Coming off when you know you’ve got the win, you did what you came here to do, (the insults) made the smile much bigger,” said quarterback Caleb Herring. “No matter what was said we got the win. We got the cannon and we’re going back to Vegas as winners.”

UNLV senior linebacker Eric Tuiloma-Vaa asks UNR fans "Who do I hear crying," after the Rebels beat the Wolf Pack 27-22 Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013 at Mackay Stadium in Reno.

Two years ago Herring came into this stadium off the worst game of his career against Southern Utah and topped it, completing only 1-of-14 passes with an interception in a 37-0 loss. To go from that to tonight’s 29-of-42 performance -- including three touchdowns and 335 yards -- is nothing short of remarkable.

His turnaround isn’t the only reason UNLV is in its current position — 5-3 overall and 3-1 in the Mountain West, one victory from its first bowl game since 2000 — but it’s a good place to start. There’s also running back Tim Cornett, who went from officially listed as doubtful Tuesday to his 14th career 100-yard game (122 yards and one touchdown on 26 carries).

“I’m going to cry tonight,” Cornett said. “This is my fourth year, going through the same stuff every year. To finally pull it out, especially in their home, is really big.”

By ED GRANEY LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

They met him at the door after one such game, their faces and attitude not what a dejected father had hoped to witness upon arriving home. But there was Bobby Hauck’s family, frowns abound, incorrigible in their disappointment. “We had just lost the game on the road, and we didn’t lose many of them,” Hauck said. “They looked at me and said, ‘How could you lose to them! It was the first time I remember my children paying attention, so I knew it was a big deal.”

There is always this: At least the Hauck kids didn’t give Dad the middle finger as a young UNR football fan once offered UNLV as it was departing the field following an in-state rivalry game. “Maybe they did when I turned my back,” Hauck said. “Expect nothing less. If the 9-year olds aren’t giving you The Bird, it must not be a rivalry game.” Those cold shoulders at the door occurred when Hauck was coaching Montana in a season the Grizzlies fell to the Montana State Bobcats, a rivalry that dates to 1897 and awards the annual winner the Great Divide Trophy.

“I grew up around that one, being a third generation guy (at Montana),” Hauck said. “When I was going to school there, I had 17 cousins also there at the same time. A couple others, whose names we don’t mention in polite company, went to the other school in the state. There is nothing better than winning your rivalry game and nothing worse than losing it. For the most part, people are emotional leading up to it and sane after, but there was always stuff bordering on crazy and out-of-line in that one. “I hope the enjoyment of a rivalry game has carried over with us (to UNLV). We haven’t won this game since coming here, but there is nothing like the preparation for it. Our guys are really into it. I hope it’s loud. I hope it’s hostile. I hope our guys feed off that.”

The loud and hostile part won’t be a problem. UNLV continues its pursuit of a postseason bowl berth today, the next step its rivalry game against the Wolf Pack at Mackay Stadium. Kickoff is set for 3 p.m. It will get wild and crazy well before then.

I sure miss Bobby Hauck and the excellence he brought to the Griz program. It's good to see him getting it together at UNLV.

whether you like his style of play or not, the guy can coach and keep track of down and distance....

While Las Vegas typically doesn't give a rat's ass about football, they have to be on full melt-down after this...

The Runnin Rebels lost to Division II Dixie State last night.. :eek:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/nov/02/not-just-whistling-dixie-state-takes-down-unlv-exh/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grizpack said:
While Las Vegas typically doesn't give a rat's ass about football, they have to be on full melt-down after this...

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/nov/02/not-just-whistling-dixie-state-takes-down-unlv-exh/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Who cares about basketball

NikeGrizz said:
grizpack said:

Everyone at UNLV......

grizpack said:

Wow, I might have to wander over to the UNLV board and witness that meltdown. UNLV was a 5 seed in the NCAA tournament last year. At least it was only an exhibition game, so it doesn't count.

putter said:
NikeGrizz said:
grizpack said:

Everyone at UNLV......
last time i checked this wasn't a UNLV basketball forum

Back