• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UND's indoor practice facility

hokeyfine

Well-known member
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/411218/group/Sports/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UND's new practice facility
 
U of M has something like this on its wish list that will be used for football and the womens softball program that is going to start in the spring of 2014. I think it is in the prelim. stages and will be the next big athletic department project after the weight room is done.
 
84GRIZ said:
U of M has something like this on its wish list that will be used for football and the womens softball program that is going to start in the spring of 2014. I think it is in the prelim. stages and will be the next big athletic department project after the weight room is done.

If the new academic center won't be started until next spring at the earliest, and the weight-locker rooms will be a major project costing $8-$10 million and taking a year or so of construction (current thinking), the indoor practice facility will be lucky to be in place by the next decade.
 
Curious to see how it plays out, will need some big time outside donors to make it happen. UM already stressed to maintain and grow its academic mission.

Bakken oil revenue in ND must pump some serious dollars into ND higher Ed.
 
first11 said:
Curious to see how it plays out, will need some big time outside donors to make it happen. UM already stressed to maintain and grow its academic mission.

Bakken oil revenue in ND must pump some serious dollars into ND higher Ed.

I assume ND gets good or great money out of the Bakken. UM has some donors with Bakken connections. Hopefully, the Bakken will get going more in northeastern Montana. It's pretty good there already but there appears to be much more potential in the Bakken area and the Three Forks formation (just under the Bakken). Note that the original big Bakken field was in Montana, Elm Coulee, northwest and west of Sidney. There are some Cats in the Bakken-Elm Coulee area, but don't know what they donate. O'Day had good connections with some of the Highline and Bakken oil people.
 
PlayerRep said:
first11 said:
Curious to see how it plays out, will need some big time outside donors to make it happen. UM already stressed to maintain and grow its academic mission.

Bakken oil revenue in ND must pump some serious dollars into ND higher Ed.

I assume ND gets good or great money out of the Bakken. UM has some donors with Bakken connections. Hopefully, the Bakken will get going more in northeastern Montana. It's pretty good there already but there appears to be much more potential in the Bakken area and the Three Forks formation (just under the Bakken). Note that the original big Bakken field was in Montana, Elm Coulee, northwest and west of Sidney. There are some Cats in the Bakken-Elm Coulee area, but don't know what they donate. O'Day had good connections with some of the Highline and Bakken oil people.
You just used "Bakken" 8 times in that paragraph.
 
zoo guy said:
PlayerRep said:
first11 said:
Curious to see how it plays out, will need some big time outside donors to make it happen. UM already stressed to maintain and grow its academic mission.

Bakken oil revenue in ND must pump some serious dollars into ND higher Ed.

I assume ND gets good or great money out of the Bakken. UM has some donors with Bakken connections. Hopefully, the Bakken will get going more in northeastern Montana. It's pretty good there already but there appears to be much more potential in the Bakken area and the Three Forks formation (just under the Bakken). Note that the original big Bakken field was in Montana, Elm Coulee, northwest and west of Sidney. There are some Cats in the Bakken-Elm Coulee area, but don't know what they donate. O'Day had good connections with some of the Highline and Bakken oil people.
You just used "Bakken" 8 times in that paragraph.

You just made a post with a sentence with 9 meaningless words. Shows how big of a deal the Bakken is.
 
The Bakken oil fields will never prosper in Montana. There are too many regulations and environmentalists in this state that will put a kabosh to it. Thats why all the oil is coming from ND and Wyoming because they have little to no regulations on where you can drill...
 
zoo guy said:
PlayerRep said:
first11 said:
Curious to see how it plays out, will need some big time outside donors to make it happen. UM already stressed to maintain and grow its academic mission.

Bakken oil revenue in ND must pump some serious dollars into ND higher Ed.

I assume ND gets good or great money out of the Bakken. UM has some donors with Bakken connections. Hopefully, the Bakken will get going more in northeastern Montana. It's pretty good there already but there appears to be much more potential in the Bakken area and the Three Forks formation (just under the Bakken). Note that the original big Bakken field was in Montana, Elm Coulee, northwest and west of Sidney. There are some Cats in the Bakken-Elm Coulee area, but don't know what they donate. O'Day had good connections with some of the Highline and Bakken oil people.
You just used "Bakken" 8 times in that paragraph.
That was Bakken ridiculous
 
grizcountry420 said:
The Bakken oil fields will never prosper in Montana. There are too many regulations and environmentalists in this state that will put a kabosh to it. Thats why all the oil is coming from ND and Wyoming because they have little to no regulations on where you can drill...

The problems with The Bakken field in Montana has more to do with geology than politics or environmentalists. There are not a whole lot of environmentalists east of Missoula. Easier to frack in ND. Once the technology improves it will happen in Montana. The reason the Bakken in ND is finally accessible is the fracking technology and the cost of oil raised to the point that it was economical to get it. That is my understanding of why there is less in Montana than ND. I read it in one of the Montana papers last year some time, but I sure as heck can't remember which one or when it was. I could also have fabricated it. I spent a week on a Mexican beach drinking pacifico and tequila. My memory is gradually coming back to me.
 
grizcountry420 said:
The Bakken oil fields will never prosper in Montana. There are too many regulations and environmentalists in this state that will put a kabosh to it. Thats why all the oil is coming from ND and Wyoming because they have little to no regulations on where you can drill...
having spent time working in the MT portion of the Bakken field, you are dead wrong on all counts.
 
Been to Sunburst lately? That's what the oil industry does to communities. Boom and Bust...kinda like the Bobkittens.
 
66volvo said:
Been to Sunburst lately? That's what the oil industry does to communities. Boom and Bust...kinda like the Bobkittens.

Says a fan of a team that went 5-6 last year :lol: :lol:
 
grizcountry420 said:
The Bakken oil fields will never prosper in Montana. There are too many regulations and environmentalists in this state that will put a kabosh to it. Thats why all the oil is coming from ND and Wyoming because they have little to no regulations on where you can drill...


How about you name the Montana fracks that were stopped by state specific regulations and environmentalists. Better yet name the fracks and then name the specific environmentalists and regulations that prevented them from occurring.

Have you ever been to the Bakken?

I'm certainly not opposed to fracking. My wife's family has mineral rights in Bakken and they're not turning away and landmen, or being roadblocked by grennies or regulations.
This AM talkradio jingo jango of you're chirping like a mynah bird is just ignorant.
 
griz4life said:
grizcountry420 said:
The Bakken oil fields will never prosper in Montana. There are too many regulations and environmentalists in this state that will put a kabosh to it. Thats why all the oil is coming from ND and Wyoming because they have little to no regulations on where you can drill...


How about you name the Montana fracks that were stopped by state specific regulations and environmentalists. Better yet name the fracks and then name the specific environmentalists and regulations that prevented them from occurring.

Have you ever been to the Bakken?

I'm certainly not opposed to fracking. My wife's family has mineral rights in Bakken and they're not turning away and landmen, or being roadblocked by grennies or regulations.
This AM talkradio jingo jango of you're chirping like a mynah bird is just ignorant.

That's what I was trying to get at. The test wells they have run in eastern/central MT have shown that the geology of the land closer to rockies makes it more expensive and sometimes impossible to get to with the current technology. That may change. That is what they said about the oil in North Dakota 20 years ago.
 
griz4life said:
grizcountry420 said:
The Bakken oil fields will never prosper in Montana. There are too many regulations and environmentalists in this state that will put a kabosh to it. Thats why all the oil is coming from ND and Wyoming because they have little to no regulations on where you can drill...


How about you name the Montana fracks that were stopped by state specific regulations and environmentalists. Better yet name the fracks and then name the specific environmentalists and regulations that prevented them from occurring.

Have you ever been to the Bakken?

I'm certainly not opposed to fracking. My wife's family has mineral rights in Bakken and they're not turning away and landmen, or being roadblocked by grennies or regulations.
This AM talkradio jingo jango of you're chirping like a mynah bird is just ignorant.

I guess i should have put this way...... Eastern Montana is the only place the Baken will prosper. Thats about it.. Eastern Montana might as well be in North Dakota for all i care. Its not very attractive place but Montana as a whole isnt gonna get rich by drilling oil.

Sorry for throwing sand in your vagina.....
 
Sorry if this was already posted, but from what I understand (from people in ND) none of the oil money goes towards the university's athletic facilities. Now that doesn't mean whom ever owns the mineral rights or leased land doesn't donate.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top