• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UND mascot you pick it

grizaremoregooder

I heard UND is playing this season without a mascot. They use to be called the flicker tails (prairie dogs) back in the day before they were named the Sioux. Most of the clowns on this site have pretty good imaginations so I would like to here what you think would be a good mascot for UND. I'm gonna go with the Green Goblins.

The souix mascot needs to be re-instated! The huggers need to go away and leave the world to reality!

reinell30 said:
The souix mascot needs to be re-instated! The huggers need to go away and leave the world to reality!

Maybe it's you that should just accept reality.

Nonames, Nonicks, Nodaks, Nonads, Notinjuns, Sue, UNDakotas, UNDies (undies), New Bees (newbies in the BSC), Green Monkeys, Mold (green), Forks (Grand Forks), . . ., Buffs (Bison wanabes) :mrgreen:

The Fighting Sue, With a husky Viking female warrior as the mascot. It'll show pride in cultural heritage for many living in the Dakotas. ;)

Or

The Litigating Sue, same mascot, but with a navy blue powersuit.

reinell30 said:

If by "huggers" you mean the over 21 American Indian groups that have petitioned to have the name changed, the Sioux tribes that did not give permission to have the name continued, and then the 67% of North Dakota voters who selected to have the name retired... then yeah, I get ya. :roll:

University of North Dakota Blizzards.

Change the school colors to White.
Then change the field to all white (with white lines).

The state tourism dept will hate it but it would be appropriate and unique.

Blow Blizzards Blow!!!

BWahlberg said:
reinell30 said:

If by "huggers" you mean the over 21 American Indian groups that have petitioned to have the name changed, the Sioux tribes that did not give permission to have the name continued, and then the 67% of North Dakota voters who selected to have the name retired... then yeah, I get ya. :roll:

Ya, that about sums it up. One group starts the complaining, and then you get all the bandwagoners to jump on and before you know it, your without a mascot.
People need to look at themselves and worry about themselves more before they start picking apart others...

Griz!ron said:
The Fighting Sue, With a husky Viking female warrior as the mascot. It'll show pride in cultural heritage for many living in the Dakotas. ;)

Or

The Litigating Sue, same mascot, but with a navy blue powersuit.
I posted elsewhere but my intramural team was the fighting sue in college itentionally making fun of NoDak, but we had a logo of an old lady with a rolling pin...I like your ideas too though

The problem with the mascot before is it's hard to consider a tribe of people a mascot. Now, I do not think that the school meant disrespect, after all, who would want to fight for the Hapless Hobos, the Dirt Poor Pissants, or the Ducks? The point of the school using the name Souix was to recognize the fighting spirit in martial affairs that typified one of the most fearsome of tribes on the Great Plains. That should be considered an honor, and as I understand it, one of the three Souix tribes did want the school to keep the name, much like the Florida Seminoles.
But since we live in an age where nearly everyone has a constitutional right to be offended and make you do everything you can to eliminate the offense, I would propose the Politically Correct Puritans. They seem to be pretty victorious in all that they do nowadays.

And they do seem to instill a certain amount of fear. Of course, so do schizophrenic street bums.

Hey, another possibility.

fencer24 said:
The problem with the mascot before is it's hard to consider a tribe of people a mascot. Now, I do not think that the school meant disrespect, after all, who would want to fight for the Hapless Hobos, the Dirt Poor Pissants, or the Ducks? The point of the school using the name Souix was to recognize the fighting spirit in martial affairs that typified one of the most fearsome of tribes on the Great Plains. That should be considered an honor, and as I understand it, one of the three Souix tribes did want the school to keep the name, much like the Florida Seminoles.
But since we live in an age where nearly everyone has a constitutional right to be offended and make you do everything you can to eliminate the offense, I would propose the Politically Correct Puritans. They seem to be pretty victorious in all that they do nowadays.

And they do seem to instill a certain amount of fear. Of course, so do schizophrenic street bums.

Hey, another possibility.

Another of the three wanted it, by one tribal member wouldn't let them vote, therefore it was shot down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You hit the nail on the head fencer. These nicknames were meant to honor, not the other way around. Then all of a sudden some whiny a-hole with nothing more to do than suck from the gov't tit gets all wound up and offended and it's off to the races.

Back