• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM is fine; Need to beat Sac St and then USD

PlayerRep

The season so far, including the comeback today, makes me believe the Griz are good, but not quite there yet. UM needs to not lose to Sac State (always a tough road game) and USD, both on the road. If so, with a win over Weber, UM will be 8-3 going into the Cat game. We can beat the Cats, and I think we will.

Unless UM wins out, UM is probably coming into the playoffs through the back door. Will have to get some wins after the road, except perhaps round one. Fine, I look forward to beating EWU at their slum. Maybe we'll get another chance at NAU. Can definitely beat them.

EWU is good and better than I thought. They deserved to win today. I'll do a thread later on my view of the game.

I'm still very hopeful. I like alot of what I've seen. We should support the team and coaches. I still think we're going somewhere.

Need to focus on the next game for sure good to see Van playing again so soon.EWU made a lot of plays today to win. Might not be so lucky if they see the Griz again.

PlayerRep said:
The season so far, including the comeback today, makes me believe the Griz are good, but not quite there yet. UM needs to not lose to Sac State (always a tough road game) and USD, both on the road. If so, with a win over Weber, UM will be 9-2 going into the Cat game. We can beat the Cats, and I think we will.

Unless UM wins out, UM is probably coming into the playoffs through the back door. Will have to get some wins after the road, except perhaps round one. Fine, I look forward to beating EWU at their slum. Maybe we'll get another chance at NAU. Can definitely beat them.

EWU is good and better than I thought. They deserved to win today. I'll do a thread later on my view of the game.

I'm still very hopeful. I like alot of what I've seen. We should support the team and coaches. I still think we're going somewhere.

FIFY :thumb:

I agree, love the heart of this team, one game at a time. Eastern deserved to win today.

PlayerRep said:
The season so far, including the comeback today, makes me believe the Griz are good, but not quite there yet. UM needs to not lose to Sac State (always a tough road game) and USD, both on the road. If so, with a win over Weber, UM will be 8-3 going into the Cat game. We can beat the Cats, and I think we will.

Griz are 6-2 right now. If they win 3 straight they will be 9-2 going into Cats game. Not a big deal just wanted to clear up any confusion.

PlayerRep said:

Agree the Griz are good with the potential to be great. The defense NEEDS to tackle more efficiently and the Offensive Coordinators NEED to learn how to call a short to mid range passing game instead of 85% up the gut run attempts with small but great backs through an o-line that is having great difficulty opening holes. If the play calling does not change, the season is over. Pathetic that they cannot learn from what is not working and gear the offensive gameplan to what has worked for us. No excuses, pathetic.

PlayerRep said:

Hats off to EWU for the "W" but I'm not sure they "deserved" to win. We had plenty of chances to win.

PlayerRep said:

Absolutely.

Sac is coming off a bye and we'll return our 4 top RBs (we were down to using a single LB as our RB for the last couple weeks)!

GRZFTBL said:
PlayerRep said:

Hats off to EWU for the "W" but I'm not sure they "deserved" to win. We had plenty of chances to win.

Agreed. Felt like this one could have/should have been the second improbable Hollywood ending in a week. Change one or two key mistakes (either coaching or execution) and that was our game.

Kadeezy said:
Sac is coming off a bye and we'll return our 4 top RBs (we were down to using a single LB as our RB for the last couple weeks)!

Holy shit, what happened to your four RBs?

CDAGRIZ said:
Kadeezy said:

1. Ezekiel Graham (SR) - Broken Foot, missed last 5 weeks
2. Dejon Coleman (SO) - Unspecified Injury, out 4 weeks
3. Demetrius Warren (rSO) - Foot injury, out 3 weeks
4. Jordan Robinson (FR) - True freshman, burned his RS to fill in; injured against UND
5. Brandon Kellerman (JR) - JC Linebacker, he was converted to our emergency RB two weeks ago and rushed for 100+ yards against UND; he Dan Moore'd several unsuspecting UND LBs!

Kadeezy said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Kadeezy said:

1. Ezekiel Graham (SR) - Broken Foot, missed last 5 weeks
2. Dejon Coleman (SO) - Unspecified Injury, out 4 weeks
3. Demetrius Warren (rSO) - Foot injury, out 3 weeks
4. Jordan Robinson (FR) - True freshman, burned his RS to fill in; injured against UND
5. Brandon Kellerman (JR) - JC Linebacker, he was converted to our emergency RB two weeks ago and rushed for 100+ yards against UND; he Dan Moore'd several unsuspecting UND LBs!

Wow. That is some bad luck to say the least. I wonder if you guys will still give Kellerman some touches. Sounds like he did pretty well!

That is one Hell of a rosy prediction PR......I understand the "think positive" part but let's be real......the Griz haven't beat a good team.....they endured an epic beatdown by an average team like NAU....and they got the tough part of the schedule coming up. Don't mislead the troops by making Pollyannish predictions...it just hurts the ones you love. :mrgreen:

Teton Cat said:
That is one Hell of a rosy prediction PR......I understand the "think positive" part but let's be real......the Griz haven't beat a good team.....they endured an epic beatdown by an average team like NAU....and they got the tough part of the schedule coming up. Don't mislead the troops by making Pollyannish predictions...it just hurts the ones you love.

Why don't you go and sit in a corner somewhere?

Teton Cat said:
That is one Hell of a rosy prediction PR......I understand the "think positive" part but let's be real......the Griz haven't beat a good team.....they endured an epic beatdown by an average team like NAU....and they got the tough part of the schedule coming up. Don't mislead the troops by making Pollyannish predictions...it just hurts the ones you love. :mrgreen:

If we could stop with the "You haven't beat a good team yet", that'd be greeeaaaaaat! ;)

Cal Poly is a good team and their record doesn't show it. They're tough to beat. But I do think that there's a very good chance the Griz can win the next few games to have a 9-2 record going into Cat/Griz. :thumb:

All I can say is that we may not be dominating right now, but I know a lot of playoff teams that would not want to draw the Griz.

I honestly think we're right where we need to be. We have 4 more regular season games before the playoffs, and this is about the time of the season when we normally start clicking. And I'd rather be firing on all cylinders at the end of the season rather than at the beginning and having a letdown in the playoffs.

Good post PR. A team can learn an awful lot about itself when it plays a close game against a good team like EWU, even if it is a loss. The players should be very proud of how they played yesterday. This is a good team that I think is getting better, which is what you want.

Back