• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM AD Working Towards a Culture of Compliance with NCAA

peterc

I spoke this week with UM AD Kent Haslam about the ongoing NCAA investigation. Not much to say about that, specifically, however, as the interview went on, Haslam spoke about the continuing effort to educate both student athletes and boosters regarding their respective responsibilities concerning NCAA compliance. Pretty interesting, I think..please listen and comment.
Thanks..

Peter Christian
KGVO Radio
Oh, and I will be back for my 16th year as P.A, announcer for Grizzly football, I am proud to say!

http://newstalkkgvo.com/as-ncaa-decision-looms-university-of-montana-athletic-director-encourages-a-culture-of-compliance-audio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

peterc said:
Peter Christian
KGVO Radio
Oh, and I will be back for my 16th year as P.A, announcer for Grizzly football, I am proud to say!

That's Great News! :thumb:

How can the UM work towards a culture of compliance when they refuse to tell the public what the purported violations were? Unless they are under a legal gag order, they have no obligation to the NCAA to keep secrets. The tail is wagging the dog here.

peterc said:
I spoke this week with UM AD Kent Haslam about the ongoing NCAA investigation. Not much to say about that, specifically, however, as the interview went on, Haslam spoke about the continuing effort to educate both student athletes and boosters regarding their respective responsibilities concerning NCAA compliance. Pretty interesting, I think..please listen and comment.
Thanks..

Peter Christian
KGVO Radio

http://newstalkkgvo.com/as-ncaa-decision-looms-university-of-montana-athletic-director-encourages-a-culture-of-compliance-audio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
a basic admition of guilt. the athl. dept. wasn't doing its due diligence toward informing athletes, fans, and (he didn't say it but i will) staff of the rules. someone dropped the ball or people just ignored their advice or both.

Back