• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UC DAVIS...

I'd take that win with a grain of salt, SUU's all world qb graduated last year and is on an NFL roster now. There is a huge drop off in talent between him and the qb they have this year. Not to mention I bet Davis didn't drop their D-line 5 yards off the LOS on punt plays...:shock:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I am looking forward to the game this weekend, especially after going to Cedar City and watching the Ags win on the road. Yes, SUU might not be as good as they were last year, but our defense played extremely well and the offense did what they needed to do, score some points!

Anyone making the trip down for the game? Should be good weather in the upper 70's.

I predicted this game as a loss in the preseason (I took a lot of crap for this)

Then Davis got off to a horrid start

Then they spank a decent SUU team

So predict we win by 40 or lose by 14 :lol:

I don't know what to think of UC Davis. They open the season with 4 losses, two of which were close (vs NAU and USD), the other two were blowouts (vs PSU and Nevada). They've notched a couple wins now, so maybe they're playing much better ball. Either way I know that if we come to play like we did against PSU, we should get a W, but if we play like we did against NAU it's anybodys' game.

UC Davis is playing much better offensively over the last 2 games. The Aggies have been pretty good defensively all year, aside from the hiccup vs. PSU.

Over the last 2 games UCD has found BALANCE on offense:

vs. Idaho State: 224 yards on the ground, 231 in the air.
@ Southern Utah: 199 yards on the ground, 193 in the air.

As an Aggie, I must say this could be a close game in the 4th quarter....hopefully our lights won't shut off like in 2009!

Griz Nation should fear this team. I mean, they held a team to 3 points that beat an FBS program. Seriously. :lol:
Griz 42
UCD 12

NLGrizFan said:
Griz Nation should fear this team. I mean, they held a team to 3 points that beat an FBS program. Seriously. :lol:
Griz 42
UCD 12

You guys making your yearly travel arrangements for the Super Bowl? Pretentious much?

All I was saying is that this UC Davis team has improved since the beginning of the season, and things seem to be going well on offense. 42-12 seem like a stretch.

I don't expect a blow out. This game is shaping up to be a good one! No matter the outcome I am sure that it will be said we still haven't played anyone yet....... :D

SochorField said:
NLGrizFan said:
Griz 42
UCD 12

You guys making your yearly travel arrangements for the Super Bowl? Pretentious much?

All I was saying is that this UC Davis team has improved since the beginning of the season, and things seem to be going well on offense. 42-12 seem like a stretch.

Well, we beat a team 55-27 that you lost 41-10 to. Just sayin...

This game will hopefully set the tone for the rest of the season. I hope both the offense and defense show up and play well. If so we should win but I don't see a blowout. UCDavis should be and will be a respected opponent. Griz 35. uc davis 17.
Go Griz!!

SochorField said:
UC Davis is playing much better offensively over the last 2 games. The Aggies have been pretty good defensively all year, aside from the hiccup vs. PSU.

Over the last 2 games UCD has found BALANCE on offense:

vs. Idaho State: 224 yards on the ground, 231 in the air.
@ Southern Utah: 199 yards on the ground, 193 in the air.

As an Aggie, I must say this could be a close game in the 4th quarter....hopefully our lights won't shut off like in 2009!
Those wins were also against ISU and SUU. I'm not sure how accurately you can judge their improvement with wins over traditionally weak programs. I suspect the The Griz defense will hold Davis in check, and the offense will put up enough points for a Griz win. I wish I could make it down there for the game. Aggie Stadium is one if the nicest facilities in FCS IMO.

We are 4-0 all time against the Ags. But the last two times we've played them were nail biters. In 2008 we needed a little home cookin' at the end of the game. I remember a forth down at the end of the game their TE had one of our LB's drapped all over him and we got the no call. UCD has a very good program. They have dominated their primary rival Sac State and to a lesser extent Cal Poly over the years and will not be an easy win.

SochorField said:
NLGrizFan said:
Griz 42
UCD 12

That wasn't aimed at you. I'm not convinced on anything with UCD program. The loses earlier this year were pretty rough. As was ours.

[/quote]
That wasn't aimed at you. I'm not convinced on anything with UCD program. The loses earlier this year were pretty rough. As was ours.[/quote]

Indeed they were. Scoring 8.5 pts per game over the first 4 games was not fun.
Things are picking up offensively. The new coaching staff should have things going pretty good here in the next couple of years.

That wasn't aimed at you. I'm not convinced on anything with UCD program. The loses earlier this year were pretty rough. As was ours.[/quote]

Indeed they were. Scoring 8.5 pts per game over the first 4 games was not fun.
Things are picking up offensively. The new coaching staff should have things going pretty good here in the next couple of years.[/quote]
That's pretty good news coming from your direction. Hopefully they put on a show this weekend. What are they focused on? Ground game or throwing? I haven't got a chance to look anything up and since I'm talkin with someone who probably knows... Might as well ask.

Back