• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

TSN playoff predictions!

Grizfan97007

Did anyone see the playoff predictions? Msu #2, EWU #3, Griz #5. So I guess they are saying Msu is going to beat EWU?

I'd be surprised if MSU didn't make the playoffs. They need 6 more wins to hit 7 D1 wins and have 9 games left.

SUU, @UNC, UCD, and @Web are likely wins unless they have an epic collapse. So that's 4 likely wins right there.

They'd need to only win 2 of the following games to hit that 7 D1 win mark likely getting them into the playoffs:

@SFA (Without McGhee)
@UND (Without McGhee)
NAU (Without McGhee)
@EWU
UM

If they drop 2 of their next 3 games without McGhee though things become interesting. @EWU is likely a loss so that would mean the game against the Griz would determine their fate :)

If I had to bet on it, I'd bet they win at least 2 of their next 3 even without McGhee and do end up making the playoffs. McGhee is a very good QB, but even without him the Cats have a solid team and should be able to handle SFA and UND.

Grizfan97007 said:
Did anyone see the playoff predictions? Msu #2, EWU #3, Griz #5. So I guess they are saying Msu is going to beat EWU?

Not quite. They are based on current standings, based on the games that have been played already. It does not take any future games into account until those games have been played. There projections will change every week based on the game outcomes.

Potomac Griz said:
I'd be surprised if MSU didn't make the playoffs. They need 6 more wins to hit 7 D1 wins and have 9 games left.

SUU, @UNC, UCD, and @Web are likely wins unless they have an epic collapse. So that's 4 likely wins right there.

They'd need to only win 2 of the following games to hit that 7 D1 win mark likely getting them into the playoffs:

@SFA (Without McGhee)
@UND (Without McGhee)
NAU (Without McGhee)
@EWU
UM

If they drop 2 of their next 3 games without McGhee though things become interesting. @EWU is likely a loss so that would mean the game against the Griz would determine their fate :)

If I had to bet on it, I'd bet they win at least 2 of their next 3 even without McGhee and do end up making the playoffs. McGhee is a very good QB, but even without him the Cats have a solid team and should be able to handle SFA and UND.

12 game schedule this year and a D2 win.

Its going to take more than 7 wins to make the playoffs this year...

marceagfan5 said:
Potomac Griz said:

@SFA (Without McGhee)
@UND (Without McGhee)
NAU (Without McGhee)
@EWU
UM

Ya it will. NAU had 8 last year and missed the playoffs.

SACCAT66 said:
McGhee is already out of his sling, so he could be back for NAU.
Since when? He was wearing it Saturday. And how is this a factor in determining when he will be back.

RobGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
Since when? He was wearing it Saturday. And how is this a factor in determining when he will be back.
I agree with you on this one, Rob. I had an 80% tear on my separated should when I was in college and was out of the sling within a week or so. But still out of competition for six weeks.

grizcountry420 said:
And why rush him back?
Because cats w/out the Irish lad<<<<<<<than with him. DM would've destroyed Col-Mesa and everyone knows it, though delusional cat fans won't admit it.

marceagfan5 said:

There are more factors of course than just hitting that 7 D1 win mark, like how the rest of the Big Sky does, where the losses are, and how they perform against high ranked teams like EWU and (hopefully high ranked) the Griz.

Say they are 8-4 at the end of the year with 7 D1 wins. Their losses are @SMU, @SFA, @EWU and against the Griz. That means they went 6-2 in the Big Sky, which is a pretty tough conference. Should get them in the plyaoffs...unless of course like last year there are 3 1 loss teams in the Big Sky... would they take 4 big sky teams? Maybe...maybe not, so the Cats might be screwed in that scenario. If they are 6-2 though and finish 3rd in the Big Sky, then they are likely in.

Now if they win @SFA, but drop UND or NAU, and still lose to EWU and the Griz then they are fucked. 3 losses in the Big Sky and a 8-4 record is not likely going to get them in.

So an 8-4 finish would get them in the playoffs maybe, depending on other factors. I still think they'll end up in the playoffs this year though. @SFA is probably the easiest of the next 3 games they have, so we'll know more after that game.

Potomac Griz said:
marceagfan5 said:

There are more factors of course than just hitting that 7 D1 win mark, like how the rest of the Big Sky does, where the losses are, and how they perform against high ranked teams like EWU and (hopefully high ranked) the Griz.

Say they are 8-4 at the end of the year with 7 D1 wins. Their losses are @SMU, @SFA, @EWU and against the Griz. That means they went 6-2 in the Big Sky, which is a pretty tough conference. Should get them in the plyaoffs...unless of course like last year there are 3 1 loss teams in the Big Sky... would they take 4 big sky teams? Maybe...maybe not, so the Cats might be screwed in that scenario. If they are 6-2 though and finish 3rd in the Big Sky, then they are likely in.

Now if they win @SFA, but drop UND or NAU, and still lose to EWU and the Griz then they are f***[*]. 3 losses in the Big Sky and a 8-4 record is not likely going to get them in.

So an 8-4 finish would get them in the playoffs maybe, depending on other factors. I still think they'll end up in the playoffs this year though. @SFA is probably the easiest of the next 3 games they have, so we'll know more after that game.

The Cats benefit from being ranked very high at the beginning of the season.

Say we lose those games, SMU, SFA, EWU, UM.

We are #3 right now, so a loss to SFA probably drops us to 8-10. Then we win against NAU, Weber, UC Davis, UNC. I see us creeping back into the top 5 or 6 if that is the case. Then we lose to EWU who I will still assume is ranked top 5, so we won't drop much, maybe to 7-8. Win against SUU keeps us around 7, and a loss to the Griz might drop us out of the top 10 and no worse than 12th I think. There is no way the 12th ranked team in the country from a power conference sits at home in this new playoff format.

RobGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:

I saw him today, and he was not wearing the sling. I have heard he will be back in anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 weeks. I don't think they should rush him back, but it will be hard to convince a great player to sit if he feels he can play. AGAIN, this is just what I saw today.

SACCAT, I like that news. May or may not mean a thing.

I would like to see the Cats at full strength prior to The Brawl. Hell, I wish they were at full strength already. These next two games for you guys would have been better indicators than they will be now. IMO.

Tokyogriz said:
Bring him back in 2 weeks then aggravate the injury and sit the rest of the season.

Good plan.

I don't think that is the plan, I think the plan is to make sure that the shoulder is completely healed before his return...But just ask the Redskins how easy it is to tell a player he is not quite there.

Back