• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Truth Hurts

ALPHAGRIZ1

Tripp
Coyle
Wagenmann
Kidder
Bienemann
Poehls
Kistler
Oiland
JJ
Van
Shaw

These are guys that would start on any other team in the BSC, the rest of the players are placeholders.

This notion that we are better than everyone at every position would be funny if it wasnt so frightening. So many believe it to be true and it simply isnt.

People are weak and follow blindly. JJ can make people look better then they are. I hope some boyz step up big this year.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Tripp
Coyle
Wagenmann
Kidder
Bienemann
Poehls
Kistler
Oiland
JJ
Van
Shaw

These are guys that would start on any other team in the BSC, the rest of the players are placeholders.

This notion that we are better than everyone at every position would be funny if it wasnt so frightening. So many believe it to be true and it simply isnt.
fact

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk 4

Yeah you could easily argue that we don't have raw talent across the board of every individual position on this year's team, and I would not contend that. But what we can have is a great team, United on offense and defense as strong overall units. Miracle on ice is a prime example of this notion. A young/inexperienced but greatly unified and motivated USA team unit surpassing individual raw talent and strongly experienced players of the Soviets to defeat them. USA did have Herb Brooks though, and I honestly couldn't see MD in that level of coaching, but I have faith in our assistant coaches this year.

timjayko said:
Miracle on ice is a prime example of this notion. A young/inexperienced but greatly unified and motivated USA team unit surpassing individual raw talent and strongly experienced players of the Soviets to defeat them. USA did have Herb Brooks though,..

But could that have happened if the Olympics were staged in Europe, or otherwise, for instance, than at Lake Placid (U.S.A.) in 1980?

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Tripp
Coyle
Wagenmann
Kidder
Bienemann
Poehls
Kistler
Oiland
JJ
Van
Shaw

Imagine how crappy other teams in the BSC would feel if you started listing the players they have that could start for another BSC team? I have a feeling the list would be shorter than what you posted. Not sure this is much different than years past for the Griz. The glaring missing name/piece is from the secondary. That is the real concern and when App State rolls into town with their receivers we will see how good/bad the secondary is.

So that’s 11 starters for the Griz, and the other 11 spread throughout the conference. Griz should dominate.

Kokanee said:
So that’s 11 starters for the Griz, and the other 11 spread throughout the conference. Griz should dominate.

Math (or any other intellectual pursuit, for that matter) isn't alphie's strong suit.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Tripp
Coyle
Wagenmann
Kidder
Bienemann
Poehls
Kistler
Oiland
JJ
Van
Shaw

You might want to add Henderson and Kanongata'a to that list.

AZGrizFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Tripp
Coyle
Wagenmann
Kidder
Bienemann
Poehls
Kistler
Oiland
JJ
Van
Shaw

You might want to add Henderson and Kanongata'a to that list.

I would add Kanongata'a and maybe Holmes.

Seriously....how does the preseason all-big sky first team not have at least 12 grizzlies on it?

I don't think Northern Colorado would trade Bumpas.
I don't think NAU would trade Bauman.
Shaw was 6th in punting in the conference last year... and Wilder from NAU (#1) is back.
JJ would start for everyone except for maybe MSU and Sac.
Van hasn't played a down yet.

Othern than that, I wouldn't argue too much. I'd be lying if I said most of those guys wouldn't start at MSU, but it's all hearsay. JJ wouldn't this year, Van wouldn't this year, Shaw wouldn't this year, Kidder probably wouldn't. I'd take your LBs on that list and the OL though if you're just giving them away. :)

I don't think your QB would start of Lobato and I don't think I would take your LB over Bumpas. They're close, but I wouldn't start any of those players over what those two UNC Bears.

AllWeatherFan said:
CatzWillRise said:
JJ would start for everyone except for maybe MSU...

That's a real hoot!

Perhaps, but if are looking at this logically (ha), JJ would've had a hard time beating out McGhee in 2010. McGhee was a RS Fr, JJ a true frosh. And I saw JJ play when he was a true freshman... McGhee won the conference offensive MVP that year. And I doubt anyone, including JJ, would've usurped McGhee after that. JJ might be starting as a senior for MSU in this scenario, after McGhee is gone.

Now if we are in some sort of fantasy football world where we can pick and choose right now, I'd have to really think hard about it. :)

Kokanee said:
well I don't think he said if you were making an all-star team every one of these guys would start. he's saying that of all your players...these 11 could play and start for any team in the league. and I think he's probably right. other guys are starting for you are positions with not a ton of strength and might not start for other teams.

you could do the same thing with every team. obviously I love every player on the cats. but if we're being honest we have guys at some positions only starting because of need and if they were on another team they would likely be backups.

let's be honest. ever school has the fans that think "their" players are the best in the league at every position. "their" players could go to any other school and automatically start. and this just isn't the case.

Could someone explain the initial post to me? What is the truth? That UM has all this great talent, or that UM doesn't have the best players at every position, or everyone not on this list (at other schools and UM) is just a placeholder?

Which of these things is supposed to hurt?

Or is this just supposed to stir the pot a bit, and who cares what was meant?

Back