• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Trumaine Johnson

StumptownGriz

Picked off Andrew Luck in the endzone (1:30 mark in the video) his 2nd INT of the season. Congrats Tru! :thumb:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013111004/2013/REG10/rams@colts#menu=highlights&tab=recap" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DON"T TASE ME BRO!

303275_2236630954087_1188075246_n.jpg

Boy do I miss having both Trumaine and Jimmy wilson in the secondary.....Two NFL starters in an FCS secondary is unheard of.

I remember Hauck on signing day at the double tree, drinking his miller lite, smiling from ear to ear talking about landing Tru. That was a great day...

CDAGRIZ said:
Not against the cats being proud of him, I would be if he played for my team but no kicker belongs in the HOF. Ray Guy is as close as it gets for me and that's debatable. Jan Stenerude was average for NFL kickers and I can't for the life of me figure out why the hell he is in there.

dupuyer griz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Not against the cats being proud of him, I would be if he played for my team but no kicker belongs in the HOF. Ray Guy is as close as it gets for me and that's debatable. Jan Stenerude was average for NFL kickers and I can't for the life of me figure out why the hell he is in there.
His stats relative to today's kickers look average, but he was not average for his time. You don't last the time he spent in the league by being average.

Chase Reynolds had a very nice solo shoestring tackle on kickoff coverage prior to Trumaine's interception. :thumb:

Some interesting stats regarding Tru's performance so far this year with the Rams (spoiler alert - he's playing very well) from today's St Louis Post Dispatch:

"* Underrated: cornerback Trumaine Johnson. He had another very good game against the Colts, and it continued a run of strong play. Johnson may not cover opponents' best receiver — that assignment usually goes to Janoris Jenkins — but Johnson does his assigned job better than any of the Rams' three primary cornerbacks.

Here's what's happened when quarterbacks target a Rams corner, courtesy of Pro Football Focus:

Janoris Jenkins: 37 completions in 55 attempts (67.2 pct.) ... 5 TDs ... 1 INT... 7 pass defenses ... passer rating 118.5

Cortland Finnegan: 26 completions in 34 attempts (76.4 %) ... 4 TDs ... 1 INT ... zero pass defenses ... passer rating 136.0

Trumaine Johnson: 24 completions in 44 attempts (54.5 %) ... 1 TD ... 2 INT ... 4 pass defenses ... passer rating 61.5.

In the last four games Johnson has given up only four completions in 12 attempts for 35 yards."

Keep up the great work Tru!!

Back