• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Troubling Trend Data

Griz Voice of Reason

Saw someone post national stats on here with folks properly saying the only stat that matters is wins. I did some quick research on program success over the past 3 and 1/2 seasons.

Griz Wins: 26
Beagles Wins: 36

Griz Record: 26-15
Beagles Record: 36-12

Griz Win %: 63%
Beagles Record: 85%

Griz Play-off Record: 2-1
Beagles Play-off Record: 6-1

Griz Head-2-Head: 1-3
Beagles Head-2-Head: 3-1

We can paint this anyway we want, but it comes down to WINS and the Beagles are eating our lunch. :cry:

Griz Voice of Reason said:
Saw someone post national stats on here with folks properly saying the only stat that matters is wins. I did some quick research on program success over the past 3 and 1/2 seasons.

Griz Wins: 26
Beagles Wins: 36

Griz Record: 26-15
Beagles Record: 36-12

Griz Win %: 63%
Beagles Record: 85%

Griz Play-off Record: 2-1
Beagles Play-off Record: 6-1

Griz Head-2-Head: 1-3
Beagles Head-2-Head: 3-1

We can paint this anyway we want, but it comes down to WINS and the Beagles are eating our lunch. :cry:
Eags did national search and hired someone with good resume. No knee jerk reactions.

Native, Not arguing with the success of Eastern Washington recently. But how do you KNOW they did a full national search with East coast or Midwest candidates? Beau Baldwin was the head coach at Central Washington before returning to Eastern where he was an assistant for NINE YEARS. LMFAO, if that isn't hiring from within, then your definition is a lot different than mine. Of course, he was obviously the right man for the job and is a very very good coach, but he was part of the EWU family LONGGGGGGGG before he became the head coach.

havgrizfan said:
Native, Not arguing with the success of Eastern Washington recently. But how do you KNOW they did a full national search with East coast or Midwest candidates? Beau Baldwin was the head coach at Central Washington before returning to Eastern where he was an assistant for NINE YEARS. LMFAO, if that isn't hiring from within, then your definition is a lot different than mine. Of course, he was obviously the right man for the job and is a very very good coach, but he was part of the EWU family LONGGGGGGGG before he became the head coach.
He was not to the only person considered, but the real point trying to be made here, EW was not forced into making a quick decision due to a brainless knee jerk reaction by the president. They had a chance to pick the best candidate instead of the most convenient.

JayLarson said:
They never have had a coach that had just made the national semifinals get canned after spring ball!!

True. Griz football problems stem from Engstrom’s cruel 2012 firing of Coach Pflugrad and Athletic Director O’Day, (who had taken the Griz to the national semifinals the prior year).

Engstrom is likely pleased as punch that Coach Delaney has succeeded in ending decades of Griz football dominance.

Any talk of firing Delaney is wishful thinking. Engstrom is not going to fire Delaney. The coach is doing what Engstrom wants. If Delaney decides to step down at some point due to age, Engstrom will be sure his replacement will have the necessary level of mediocrity.

Griz will not regain past dominance in football while Engstrom is President.

EWU and MSU are not hindered by mismanagement at the highest level like UM. :roll:

Senor GrizRanger,

Under the offensive professionalism of Senor Pflugrad, the Weber State team has averaged 8.142 point per contest this season. I for one am glad the offensive wizard is not here.

Stay thirsty, Amigos....

Speedy Grizzales said:
Senor GrizRanger,

Under the offensive professionalism of Senor Pflugrad, the Weber State team has averaged 8.142 point per contest this season. I for one am glad the offensive wizard is not here.

Stay thirsty, Amigos....
Señor fuck nuts...check back in 3 years when he gets his players in place. Which will be doubly amazing considering where he is recruiting to...

Speedy Grizzales said:
Senor GrizRanger,

Stay thirsty, Amigos....

Senior Speedy:

Ay Carumba! Eres Muy pendejo y maricone!

So... I must have missed something, but why does Engstrom want the griz football team to be shitty? That sounds like crazy talk to me.

Speedy Grizzales said:
Senor GrizRanger,

Stay thirsty, Amigos....

Senor Speedy,

Pflugrad was a late addition to the Weber St. coaching staff this year. I am not that familiar with what is happening in Ogden, but rest assured that it is not Pflugrad’s fault, whereas Griz doldrums are a direct result of Engstrom’s incompetence in firing the Coach and AD that took Griz to the national FCS semifinals in 2011.

Tómelo al banco mi amigo.

Sorry but most of those #'s go hand in hand. The only nessesary #'s are the winning % and the post season record. I also don't buy the post season record. Every Griz fan knows are record should be MUCH better then that if it wasn't for the lame a** NCAA.

NativeGriz said:
havgrizfan said:
He was not to the only person considered, but the real point trying to be made here, EW was not forced into making a quick decision due to a brainless knee jerk reaction by the president. They had a chance to pick the best candidate instead of the most convenient.

Ironically enough, Baldwin was not the #1 choice to replace Wulff. Jim McElwain was seriously considering coming back to his Alma Mater but EWU obviously couldn't pay him anything close to what he was receiving as the Alabama OC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EWURanger29 said:
NativeGriz said:
havgrizfan said:

Ironically enough, Baldwin was not the #1 choice to replace Wulff. Jim McElwain was seriously considering coming back to his Alma Mater but EWU obviously couldn't pay him anything close to what he was receiving as the Alabama OC.

Riiiiggghhhtt... that's about as credible as me saying Brent Pease will come back to right the ship at his alma mater while taking an 80% pay cut..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr. Greenjeans said:
EWURanger29 said:
NativeGriz said:
havgrizfan said:

Riiiiggghhhtt... that's about as credible as me saying Brent Pease will come back to right the ship at his alma mater while taking an 80% pay cut..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am being completely serious. We're talking 2007 here, not 2013.

Back