• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Trail Blazers' Damian Lillard Goes Above & Beyond to Make...

UofMGrizFan

I have to admit Lillard seems like a decent guy. Nice to see a NBA star that gets it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Trail Blazers' Damian Lillard Goes Above and Beyond to Make Fan's Day

hi-res-161171695_crop_north.jpg

Damian Lillard felt horrible when others wouldn't, and went back to remedy an issue when none would. By the end of this story of Lillard making a fan's day, you will find it very easy to like the Portland Trail Blazers' young guard.

Yahoo! Sports' Dan Devine spotted a Twitter back-and-forth between an NBA star and a fan who just wanted a picture with his favorite player.

It all starts with this tweet from Lillard.

A high school kid wanted To take a pic with me ... I said not right now let me finish shopping. I feel bad now

— Damian Lillard (@Dame_Lillard) August 1, 2013
Let's just say that Lillard is feeling guilty when he really shouldn't. He has a life outside of basketball and signs autographs when he can. While unfortunate, it's completely understandable.

Well, Siros Ardestani saw the post and answered back after what we presume was a minor fan freak out.

@Dame_Lillard That was me Damian. Its alright. I can't blame you. I bet its annoying taking a million pictures a day. Maybe next time :)

— Siros Ardestani (@SArdestani6) August 1, 2013
Here is how the rest of the story unfolded, leading to a planned meeting for a personal photo session, and one Ardestani will never forget.

@SArdestani6 told you to wait... My bad , we'll link up.

So Damian Lillard followed me and DMed me saying he felt bad... Its all good Damian. Definetely one of my favorite players off and on court.

Damian Lillard just told me to go meet him up at Bridgeport. On my way dog.

I'm a man of my word....S/O @SArdestani6 pic.twitter.com/z7LEWp6e3e

Boom sauce.

It must be hard to be a celebrity. Now I know there is the glitz side of fame and money to consider, but there is a downside. Just consider that you always have to be "on" with fans.

In an age of Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, you almost have to hide a bad day or a grumpy demeanor or some fan will label you a jerk on their blog. It's exhausting, but some people get it.

Damian Lillard gets it.

The 23-year-old averaged 19 points and 6.5 assists per game in his first season in the NBA. It was a start that should have Portland fans optimistic about the future of their backcourt.

It was also a turn that has a great many fans clamoring to get their paraphernalia signed and their pictures adorned with a cameo from the talented guard.

We watch sports because they make us feel good, and follow athletes who continue that sentiment well off the court.

It's important to remember that the sports world is a microcosm. There are some bad people who garner deplorable headlines, but there are also the extremely kindhearted who remind you that people can indeed be the best.

A tip of the hat to Lillard for reminding us athletes can indeed be truly awesome.

Good post. Hopefully lillard is the future of the NBA just assuming by what I've seen of lillard he seems like a respectable player.

Damian is a cool dude and is anything but cocky he is the one off the only players in the NBA I feel proud wearing his jersey. Lets face it NBA doesnt get a good reputation and more people need to know who Damian Lillard is, he could change some opinions on how athletes are overpaid rich snobs. A really cool move from a really cool guy.

-MiningCityGriz- said:
Damian is a cool dude and is anything but cocky he is the one off the only players in the NBA I feel proud wearing his jersey. Lets face it NBA doesnt get a good reputation and more people need to know who Damian Lillard is, he could change some opinions on how athletes are overpaid rich snobs. A really cool move from a really cool guy.

Why do you think the NBA has a bad reputation? Because you wouldn't feel proud feeling most NBA player's jerseys? Is that a serious argument?

The NFL has countless more stories about players getting in serious trouble and committing stupid acts in public, but I don't hear people complaing about the NFL's reputation when talking about a player they like.

Wolfman_Jack said:
-MiningCityGriz- said:

Why do you think the NBA has a bad reputation? Because you wouldn't feel proud feeling most NBA player's jerseys? Is that a serious argument?

The NFL has countless more stories about players getting in serious trouble and committing stupid acts in public, but I don't hear people complaing about the NFL's reputation when talking about a player they like.
What are you talking about? sure the NFL is having more problems but the NBA has a terrible reputation to a lot of people from terrible calls from the referee to saying how there is no teamwork or maybe even the lack of trying. I've heard it all and where did you get the idea I was arguing something? I was complimenting a great guy for doing a cool thing, if you want to make more out of it than go ahead but I know what my intentions were.

Lillard's top 10 plays from 2012-2013:

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/damian-lillards-2012-13-top-144148300.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AllWeatherFan said:
Lillard's top 10 plays from 2012-2013:

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/damian-lillards-2012-13-top-144148300.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Awesome post :thumb: I'd have to say number 2 was my favorite but number 1 was without a doubt worthy.

Back