• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Toughest Month of the Schedule

Toughest Month of the Schedule

• Aug/September: App St, @North Dakota, Ok Pan Handle St, @Northern Arizona

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • October: Portland St, @UC Davis, Cal Poly, Eastern Washington

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • November: @Sacramento St, @South Dakota, Weber State, @Bozeman State

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

grizfan95

I was looking at the schedule and trying to decide which month was the most challenging.

What do people think?

I'm gonna say October. I'm sticking to my guns about Cal Poly. They gave SHSU a run for their money last season and they're returning 10 on D. They held SHSU to 241 yards. That's tough. And EWU right after that. 2 of last years semi and quarter final teams. October. The Griz have always been able to hold their own in the beginning of the seasons. Look at 2011. A 1-2 start then a semi final appearance.

NLGrizFan said:
I'm gonna say October. I'm sticking to my guns about Cal Poly. They gave SHSU a run for their money last season and they're returning 10 on D. They held SHSU to 241 yards. That's tough. And EWU right after that. 2 of last years semi and quarter final teams. October. The Griz have always been able to hold their own in the beginning of the seasons. Look at 2011. A 1-2 start then a semi final appearance.
I like a lot of things about Cal Poly, the team, the town and even Mr. Slo Stang. I just don't fear them this year. They will be a challenge but they play to our strength on D. I wuld be much more afraid of a team that puts up 60 passes a game...

We start and end Sept. with 2 tough games. The NAU game will be a barn burner. I like both Cal Poly AND Ewu at home. Like most App State will be a huge opener..........Sept.

Ursa Major said:
NLGrizFan said:
I like a lot of things about Cal Poly, the team, the town and even Mr. Slo Stang. I just don't fear them this year. They will be a challenge but they play to our strength on D. I wuld be much more afraid of a team that puts up 60 passes a game...
Good point. But it seems that we're gonna be a running team this season. And with the way CP has developed themselves to stop the run... it keeps boiling in my mind. Hopefully JJ has been working a lot with the WR core so we aren't completely reliable on a running game.

bigkid said:
We start and end Sept. with 2 tough games. The NAU game will be a barn burner. I like both Cal Poly AND Ewu at home. Like most App State will be a huge opener..........Sept.
FWIW, the App State game is in August....

tough to say. you guys play 4 tough teams in October but 3 are at home. I guess i'll say October anyway based on the talent of teams alone.

EverettGriz said:
Man, the Griz schedule is rugged.
Don't look to be getting any easier either. NDSU and Wyoming next season. I'm not saying Wyoming is good but the Griz are 0-13 against them all time.

NLGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:
Don't look to be getting any easier either. NDSU and Wyoming next season. I'm not saying Wyoming is good but the Griz are 0-13 against them all time.
O fer against NDSU also. Talk about the bad luck game last time we played them. Down to 3rd string QB.

For 2013 I say October due to EWU and Cal Poly ability to play well on the road.

I am hoping Dec. will be our most difficult games.

NativeGriz said:
NLGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:
O fer against NDSU also. Talk about the bad luck game last time we played them. Down to 3rd string QB.

For 2013 I say October due to EWU and Cal Poly ability to play well on the road.

I am hoping Dec. will be our most difficult games.
And we play them back to back...

October.
App State will be a tough one, and @ No. Arizona is often a real challenge. Yet at North Dakota this year I doubt we'll allow 950 yards passing and 85 points. Finally with effort we should sneak by Northern Central Southern Northeastern Panhandle St. of Oklahoma.

Though Cal Poly & Eastern WA are certain to be two tough games. Then playing at Portland State & UC Davis are a couple of question marks. We don't want to assume a win at this point.

However November will be a cake walk after the first few months are done.
All in all a tough schedule for the Griz. Still, the answer is October.

Back