• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Torrey Pines makes the list of things to do in Vegas!

That place looks awesome! I can't believe that I lived in Vegas for almost seven years & I had never heard of this place. :sad:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Torrey Pines is awesome! I helped organize a college fraternity reunion in Vegas a few years back and we all went down there to watch the Griz kick tail on Portland State. Everyone still says watching the game at Torrey Pines was the best part of the trip.

GrizMusician said:
That place looks awesome! I can't believe that I lived in Vegas for almost seven years & I had never heard of this place. :sad:

Seriously???? I have never been there but thought it was common knowledge in Griz nation that Torrey Pines was basically Washington Grizzly stadium south. Started hearing about it at least 10 yrs ago. It's on my bucket list! :thumb:

Hammer said:
GrizMusician said:

Seriously???? I have never been there but thought it was common knowledge in Griz nation that Torrey Pines was basically Washington Grizzly stadium south. Started hearing about it at least 10 yrs ago. It's on my bucket list! :thumb:

Dead serious. Although, I was pretty young when I lived there... which would probably be why. It is definitely added to my bucket list!

Torrey Pines is fantastic. Owner is Bob Bonner. Tell him you are a UM fan, and you will be treated great. Don't know if they still have it or not, but they even had the smoke machine going.

I've watched a Griz game there before. It was awesome. They have the speakers on loud with the game going and everytime there's a first down the bartender speaks into a mic and does the "First down...MONTANA!" shout.

I have been there 3 times. Just tell them you are from Montana and they break their backs to cater to you. Great place.

When Cat-Griz is in Bozeman, the wife and I head to Vegas to watch the game. Been doing it for the last 4 "away" games. Basically out of dis-respect for the Cats. When heading up on the Missoula on Fridays we won't even stop to piss in Bozeman.
So Torrey Pines every other year is great! Game day atmosphere is pretty darn cool. They go all out. It's about a 25 minute cab ride from the strip but well worth it. It's just amazing to see so much Griz decor in the middle of the desert.

Made a trip to Vegas in late March for a wedding. Spent Saturday afternoon looking for, finding, and enjoying Torrey Pines Pub. Should be an automatic spot to go to for any Griz fan heading to Vegas. The place is outstanding in terms of Griz, and the bartender and other patrons were great fun to visit with. Looking forward to making a return trip in the future.

curtwesley said:
I've watched a Griz game there before. It was awesome. They have the speakers on loud with the game going and everytime there's a first down the bartender speaks into a mic and does the "First down...MONTANA!" shout.

We have a team of two Griz fans--Coop and Randy--who has added "Grizzlies" (and the all the rest for the "refrain") that have been doing that @ Sluggers in Kirkland for a decade..... :D

Back