• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tonga Takai suspended?

msoblazer

I heard this floating around yesterday. Anyone know if it's true and who will fill in as the starter?

Where did you hear it from exactly? Rumors from random people, or did someone generally reliable give you that information?

timjayko said:
Where did you hear it from exactly? Rumors from random people, or did someone generally reliable give you that information?

I heard it from a relative of another defensive lineman. I sure hope there was a misunderstanding.

It was planned, stems from something that happened back in the spring. Bienemann, Kidder, and Rehm will have to step up.

BWahlberg said:
It was planned, stems from something that happened back in the spring. Bienemann, Kidder, and Rehm I'll have to step up.

Realtor, father, and Griz D-Lineman?

Playoff_Beard_week_2.jpg
=
superman-logo.jpg

pussycatkillerz said:
Big surprise
Another Griz in trouble...

Trouble 5-6 months ago for one thing, then yes.

There's a few players that will not participate today as disciplinary measures for actions unbecoming to the team, so I'm told. Is not that these few are "in trouble" it's that they're receiving this as a punishment for something they did. And I don't think any are recent issues either.

grizfan95 said:
BWahlberg said:
It was planned, stems from something that happened back in the spring. Bienemann, Kidder, and Rehm I'll have to step up.

Realtor, father, and Griz D-Lineman?

Playoff_Beard_week_2.jpg
=
superman-logo.jpg

Ha! Typing on this iPad it sometimes has a mind of its own.

BWahlberg said:
pussycatkillerz said:
Big surprise

There's a few players that will not participate today as disciplinary measures for actions unbecoming to the team, so I'm told. Is not that these few are "in trouble" it's that they're receiving this as a punishment for something they did. And I don't think any are recent issues either.

Well that's a pretty sugar coated way to put it. Several players not playing in this huge game today, including Tonga, and they aren't in trouble? You're usually more accurate with your posts. Of course they're in trouble. Maybe your point was that they're in trouble for something they did awhile back rather than recently. If that was your point and I missed it, I apologize.

poorgriz said:
BWahlberg said:
pussycatkillerz said:
Big surprise

Well that's a pretty sugar coated way to put it. Several players not playing in this huge game today, including Tonga, and they aren't in trouble? You're usually more accurate with your posts. Of course they're in trouble. Maybe your point was that they're in trouble for something they did awhile back rather than recently. If that was your point and I missed it, I apologize.

It is called discipline and Mick has been consistent wih his policies. Trouble - is when you don't discipline kids for stupid shit they do. Screwed up in the spring. Sit in the fall when your teamates get to play in a huge game. Very fitting punishment and let me tell you - that is a tough lesson learned and I applaud what MD is doing.

Pretty lame if you ask me. If your not in trouble with the law and your going to classes, what's the big deal? Sounds like their treating these players like a bunch of kids.. Ohh. Your room not clean and you didn't take a nap today so you don't get to go outside to play with ur friends..

poorgriz said:
BWahlberg said:
pussycatkillerz said:
Big surprise

For comparison sake, let's list the bobcat players that are suspended:
Zach Hutchins - suspended for the season
Nate Bignell - suspended several games
Any Others???

I'm guessing the point BW is making is that these Griz violated a team rule (nothing major), but as a result they will miss some playing time. That's Delaney's way of instituting discipline and I have no issue with it. Sooner or later everybody is on the same page in regards to appropriate behavior. This is not a bad thing.

poorgriz said:
BWahlberg said:
pussycatkillerz said:
Big surprise

Yeah that was my point. While I don't want any kid to miss a game of this magnitude I do appreciate that Mick is setting a standard of expectations for every player. If their actions are bad for the team and break team rules, they'll sit a game. Regardless the game or player.

As I understand Tonga and the others will be back for the next game, I assume it's a big lesson learned for all of them.

Folks are gonna have to face facts. These kids that are in to all this boom boom rap gang music stuff are dragging this program down along with there pants around their knees. They even pull some of our own kids into it. My oldest grandson is a good boy but he been listening to that crap and now he even talks like an afromerican. Absolutely humiliating to lower yourself to their level but it must be 'cool' when your college student age. Mark my word stop recruiting around the cities and the suspensions will stop.

Back