• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Todd Christensen RIP

maroon

Todd Christensen died from complications after a surgery. He was only 57.

Christensen was the color man on ESPN's telecast of the Griz-Marshall 1-AA championship game in 1995.

Say what you will about Bo Jackson's off tackle sweep in Tecmo Bowl, but Christensen's TE seam while Marcus Allen ran the wheel, was a killer..Was a damn fine tight-end.

What a colorful character as well! Much too young (something I find myself saying increasingly more frequently as the years fly by).

RIP to a great tight end and part of the best period in Raider history. As a life long (52 years) Raider fan, I think he was part of the best team ever (1983)

tgriz said:
RIP to a great tight end and part of the best period in Raider history. As a life long (52 years) Raider fan, I think he was part of the best team ever (1983)

That must have been before Al Davis ran Marcus Allen off.

This KC fan thanks the raiders for that monumental mistake! :clap:

DIdn't he lose the job as commentator after the 95 championship game? I was only 15 at the time and I remember almost everything that he said about the Griz was negative.

Back